Asian Skintones?

Hi Everyone! I could use some help! I will be creating my first asian baby for a customer. She has not told me specifically about her heritage other than “asian” I want to create a really beautiful skin tone for her. Do you have any good suggestions for me on building the right color? :smile:

3 Likes

I would ask her light or darker asian becuase the skin tone varies in each person. Google asian skin tone photos and take a look at what comes up.

3 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too, but she just said she is asian, and her husband is caucasian. I’ve googled, but was hoping for tips on the undertones.

3 Likes

@Lara … Maybe Lara has an Asian tutorial?

2 Likes

My 4 younger kids are Filipino and Caucasian mixes… Oldest is Indian and Caucasian mix. My 1st and 4th child are pale, blonde, blue eyes (different fathers but look like me as a kid)… 2nd and 5th are darker tones with brown hair and brown eyes, 3rd has light skin and lighter brown hair and eyes. LOL :heart:
I always tease that 2 look like me, and 2 like my husband and our middle is a mix of us. lol

5 Likes

Maybe she can send you pics of the tone she wants. There are too many shades and tones to put on a palette blindly.

3 Likes

Okay, I will ask her for more specifics! Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

Send her some images of babies with three or four different skin tones and then let her pick which one is closest to what she wants. It’s no fun to try and second guess someone. It will make you anxious.

1 Like