Asian skintone?

Thanks ladies for all your help and comments…It has been very helpful…I think I am happy now with how she looks in real life. The bit of deepening of the shaded areas suggested was exactly what she needed to make the difference I was wanting…will post pic of her when I finish her.
Sorry that the photos were done at night with a flash which does cause a bit of colour variation from true life. For some reason, camera flash tends to pick up 'red and orange tones" out of browns and tans, etc and make them more dominant looking in photos than they really are in life…
You ladies are the greatest!!! Every single comment and suggestion was appreciated! Thank you again… :smile:

2 Likes

Starr, my son is part Asian (Chinese). Have seen some other (full and part) Chinese babies in our family. I would say that when they are younger, many of them have more pink in the cheeks. One had the cutest apple cheeks. The tone is about the color the baby you have in the pic’s inner ear color or slightly brighter than his lips. I think the pic you showed us is slightly older than your kit. I know not all Asians have the rosy cheeks but they are very cute. In fact, I was able to tell when my son’s iron levels were just a little low as a baby even though he was not anemic because he was paler. The doc tested and it was a little low. He pinked right back up with supplements.

1 Like

Thanks so much…I appreciate the input…

here are some of the reference photos I was given to use so hoping it is at least close to what was achieved - quite a bit of variation from one photo to the next though so had to sort of come up with something in between…ha! I see what you mean about the rosy cheeks etc in the 3rd picture down…I would have liked to do that one but she was wanting it a bit more caramel than him. It is amazing all the different tones of skin for the asian babies…They are all just the cutest ever. I have a niece who wants an Asian baby…the real thing…heehee…She lives in Alaska and is not married yet so who knows what will happen in the future…

and the photo above…

…When I get her finished and dressed I hope her colour will show a bit better in the photos… In real life her colour favours the baby in the last photo…it is that colour skin…my camera makes it look a bit more orangish yellow than it really is…

1 Like

I think you got it!!! I love the skin tone!

My husband’s cousin had much rosier cheeks than those photos. It was a long time ago and I wish I had a pic to show you. She was such a pretty baby.
Definitely go with what your client prefers - I think she’d be surprised/displeased if the cheeks were that pink because these babies’ complexions are not like my husband’s cousin’s.

Your baby is lovely and I can’t wait to see her finished.

I would like to do Kimi from BB soon.

1 Like

I want to get a Kimi someday down the road because my mom and I both think she looks like me as a baby. :slight_smile: I think for a lighter chinese baby, you could acheive that skintone by doing a peaches and cream type baby, and just go a little heavier on the yellow, maybe a couple yellow washes/undertones. But based on the reference pics Starr was using I think her baby is just perfect. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I love the rosy cheeks too…they are so cute like that…

I love Kimi too…she is such a pretty sculpt…I did her a while back for my Young Collectors Series of reborns with lighter skin, medium brown hair and dark blue eyes… :smile:

You were one adorable baby then…Kimi is such a pretty sculpt…I’ve done her several times and she always sold in less than 8 hours when I listed her…

4 Likes