As a collector/buyer, do you pass on 3/4 limb babies?

Someone told me that kits that are not full limbed arent saught after very much. Which was disappointing to hear considering some of the most beautiful kits in my eyes (and both open handed kits) are 3/4 limbs. Wanted a more in depth opinion rather than listening to a single person lol hope everyone is having a great day!

1 Like

I would agree with that. There are fewer clothing options when it comes to 3/4 limbs and its easier to look disproportionate.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a problem and I think 3/4 and even 1/4 are more realistically poseable. The correct body is more important and it’s not always the recommended one. I have taken the limb caps in on some because I hate those bulging biceps that I see on some of them. There are somewhat fewer clothing options but there are still plenty of cute outfits available. I’ve never had the limbs rotate like windmills like @YelenaRey has. I tighten them if they’re too loose.

3 Likes

Absolutely, unless it’s a kit that I want so-so-so much.
Otherwise I hate them and it’s not the fact that they are 3/4, it’s because they rotate like windmills + limited clothing options to cover those cloth parts :frowning:
For that, they don’t look real to me at all. And the cloth part is always so much wider than the limbs no matter how you understaffed them, that part if always protruding/ visible through the clothes.

1 Like

Gotcha thanks for those opinions!

1 Like

For me, I actually like 3/4 limbs. Makes them much more cuddly and easier to move their limbs. But most people do prefer full limbs.

4 Likes

I personally love 1/4 limb babies because they can be so cuddly and posable but I also have way too much winter clothing for dolls due to living in the Adirondacks, so coverage isn’t an issue for me. I can’t resist the faces on some of those 3/4 limb kits either, I prefer full limbs over 3/4 but some are just so darn cute.

3 Likes

Exactly where i stand as well!

1 Like

1/4 is a different category than 3/4, IMO. 1/4 is practically a cuddle baby to me. They are cure, but I still would prefer full limbs.
This is my 1/4 baby, but now I am so itching to buy this kit with full limbs.

4 Likes

Suu Kyi! One of my favorite kits ever, all the full limb options are really nice for it too.

1 Like

Personally i love 3/4 arms as it means the arms pose better.

1 Like

Im loving the feedback!

1 Like

I like 3/4 limbs too. They are more cuddly and easier to pose. I think the best are 3/4 arms and full legs.

2 Likes

A collector with a large collection is more likely to buy any kind of doll. They are less worried about dressing them. They seem to like variety in their collection.

2 Likes

I love all limb lengths, I hate babies who look like body builders but I have learned not to fill the fabric on a 3/4 or 1/4 too much and never dress them in snug shirts or pajamas. The nice thing about 1/4 and 3/4 is they are a little more posable and very cuddly.

1 Like