Artist Beware of PayPal Policies!

So am I understanding that Paypal refunded you and the seller too? How the heck does that happen?

— Begin quote from “pia”

So am I understanding that Paypal refunded you and the seller too? How the heck does that happen?

— End quote

When they cannot decide who is right they cover both. That is what they call “PP protection”. They do try not to be the ones who bear the cost, but if both parties insist, they do pay out to both.

Right!! Since I did put up such a fuss, and had zero complaints over many many years, they refunded us both. But I was told it is unusual,and they almost always refund only the buyer.

— Begin quote from “adutt”

Right!! Since I did put up such a fuss, and had zero complaints over many many years, they refunded us both.** But I was told it is unusual**,and they almost always refund only the buyer.

— End quote

Of-course, they do not want to encourage people to claim. But i used to go to the eBay help forum; great place to learn how to avoid pitfalls of using eBay. Over the years there were many people coming with exactly this sort of problem = untrue claims by buyers & PP taking their money; after we guided them through it, for weeks or even months, we never had any seller who did not get their money back. My own case took about 2.5 months before they returned the almost $400 for my doll, and I believe the buyer kept her refund too. If they did not, I would have gone to the ombudsman. I do not remember anybody who complained to ombudsman and did not get their money; actually, i think PP has policy not to contest it once it gets so far.