Arm Movement

Hi Everyone! I am working on my very first Reborn, Ashley Awake. Can anyone tell me why her kit does not call for arm rings? I ordered the neck and leg rings, as indicated; however, arm rings were not on her kit list. Now I am concerned that her arms will not move. Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Rebecca

3 Likes

Her arms are too small for rings

3 Likes

I am not an expert but rings are optional. A lot of people use glue on the flanges for easy movement. Not sure what kind of glue but someone will be on to help. I used rings on my Levi, his arms and legs as I wanted him to be extra fragile and floppy. And I love them on him.

1 Like

They will move as long as you don’t tighten the zip ties or strings too tight while assembling.

3 Likes

Thanks so much! It is really great to be able to ask for advice here. :grin:

3 Likes

I use gloss clear nail polish and it works perfectly. I do two coats, let them dry well. I tighten the zip ties pretty tightly. After a bit you need to work the limbs to kind of unstuck them…then it’s fine. Happy Easter <3

7 Likes

I used to order all recommended rings, but stop doing it and order now just a neck ring (which does not fit somethitems or shows white plastic protruding further than neck). I use Aleen’s paper glaze in all flanges and they move very smoothly just with zip ties.

7 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much! Happy Easter!

1 Like

Rings are probably not listed for her arms because they are too small and don’t have any that fit.

2 Likes

I put ‘super glue’ on the groove around the arm, spread with a Q-tip and let dry ‘really good’ then just tighten up your zip tie and Viola!! Just make sure your ‘glue’ is dry so your body fabric doesn’t stick!! @Rebecca55

edit to add: Be really careful with super glue, don’t get it on your baby cause you can’t get it off!!

2 Likes

You’re so welcome! I do love paper glaze also as @YelenaRey said. Happy and blessed Easter!!

4 Likes

Hi,I messaged you about a week ago. Check,your messages please. Thanks

1 Like

I’ve used the super glue that has a brush applicator for years. It works great. As Lynn said - be careful to not get it outside of the groove, as you can’t get it off if you do.

2 Likes

I’ve never used rings. I put super glue in the grooves of the flanges so they turn easily.

2 Likes