Argh! Split Vinyl

I’m so so so so freaking frustrated! I just finished my Realborn Chase after 4 weeks of painting almost daily. I was so happy with him, after being in a kind of talent slump with my last few babies, I finally finished a baby that I thought was just perfect! I put him in the oven the cure his final varnish layer and his arm just split open! I had him at 270° in a nuwave for 7 minutes. I don’t get how this happened, what a random spot too, this is a disappointing first :sob:

4 Likes

Oh wow, thats never happened to me but I can definitely understand your frustration. Its kinda scary to to know this can happen :confused:

1 Like

:hushed: Maybe one our more seasoned artists here can help you. Sorry this happened.

1 Like

I would contact BB for replacement, but you would have to match all colors again - sorry, this is so frustrating!

1 Like

I wonder if it could be mended ? I’ve noticed MacP’s warns against heating kits, but then most artists use heat set paints. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Call Bountiful baby or just send them pictures in their email on the website. They will replace it. I’m painting Chase and I’m noticing alot of flaws with him

2 Likes

Wow, what the heck?!

1 Like

Was he stuffed with anything?

1 Like

No, which is why I thought the spot was so odd. I’ve had one or two split at seams before but never in this random spot.

1 Like