Are the eyes the issue or is it a knockoff kit?

I was looking around on Mercari for long sleeved clothes for my Emily and another Ashton Drake Emily to maybe reborn one day and I came across this doll.

Please note that I’m not insulting the work of the artist. I’m sharing because I thought the eyes just made the baby look hilarious…like Judge Doom at the end of “Who Framed Roger Rabbit.” The sculpt looks like Layla, but I’m not sure. I was just wondering how you get the eyes to look like that…would make for a fun alternative look.

The person is selling 2 different versions and I’m just surprised how the blue eyes look full blown cartoony, but the brown eyes don’t look as cartoony…but still bigger than normal.

I don’t know…any thoughts?

Here’s Judge Doom for those who might not have seen “Who Framed Roger Rabbit.”

Here’s photos from the Mercari listing:

2 Likes

I would say both, it’s looks like a knock off because the face looks slightly different than the authentic Layla Arcello and the body used is a common body used with knock off kits. I’m not entirely sure, that’s just my guess :heart:

3 Likes

Oh dear! I have no idea but I would not buy it

3 Likes

Thank you very much! At least I’m not the only one who thought there was something off about this “Layla.” I know the legit kit does have the large doe-eyed appearance, but I didn’t think they were THAT large. lol

1 Like

Oh believe me…I’m definitely not buying it. I was just wondering how I could get that bulging/surprised eyes effect. lol

2 Likes

It kinda looks like the eyes were too big and just jammed into the sockets.

4 Likes

That would be my guess too! Looks like they used the wrong eye size and inserted from the front. Maybe it’s a knock off that included eyes and they were the wrong size and the artist made them work. Could be knock off eyes that were mismeasured :thinking: the possibilities are endless :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

What in the holy nightmares???

4 Likes

@Purplefetish, you just made my night with your reply! :joy::joy::joy:

You just use larger sized eyes. Blessings.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s definitely a knockoff kit. The reall kits vinyl is smoother and not as dark coloured as the knock off. And its definitely layla by andrea arcello

If it’s painted how can you tell?

Nah he just heard about the price of blank kits these days, he is just shocked :joy:

3 Likes