Anyone know this face?

I had this kit in my closet, I can’t remember who it is. And I am thinking it is suppose to be around 21-22 inches. I started painting her/him today using an acrylic paint that I am experimenting with.

I’m not sure who he is, either. He looks a bit familiar, though. Out of curiosity, are you watering down the acrylic you’re using? I’m familiar with using acrylic to paint, and was thinking of using it to try and paint a reborn but wasn’t sure how well that would work.

I am using water, didn’t know if I could use thinner. So far these paints are doing ok, not chalky. I am just using the three primary colors. They are called Waverly chalk matte paints. They don’t wash off with a damp paper towel after about 10 minutes or so. I heard after I bought them that they are suppose to have a chalk like finish, but figured I would give a try on a test leg, that worked out. So now I am going to see about this kit. Felt like experimenting I guess. Don’t have the dollars for the MB paints yet. Trying to find an alternative to ghsp that I like as well

1 Like

Guess I didn’t know that about acrylics. Thanks for the warning. I will be extremely careful.

I’d be careful with acrylics for just the reason that you can usually scratch them with a fingernail fairly easily. I don’t think I’d use them on a doll. I’m not familiar with these chalky ones you’re talking about. They must be something new. I know chalk paint is all the rage in the craft world. Is this something like that?

I believe an older kit ,Claire by Heike Kolpin. :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes it is the chalk paint that people use for crafts.

They even have a matte varnish

How does it feel when it’s dry? Is it chalky?

I hope your baby turns out the way you want him/her! :slight_smile: will be glad to see the finished product! I think I’m going to purchase some of those Baby FX paints from MG. I’ll keep looking around and see if I can’t figure out who the baby you’re working on is. Kind of makes think of an Andrea Stoete baby but I’m probably way off.

Does not feel chalky at all. And I tried scratchinh it off on the back of head and it does not come off. The paints even come with a matte sealer that says it is for inside or outside. I tried a patch on the back of head and it is smooth…although I did not put it on very thick and I pounce a lot. I do think there might be a slight shine. Here is her toenails and her lips, I did with the matte sealer.

1 Like

I wish they would mark the bags of pieces the kit name.

1 Like

I always write the kit name on the flange of it’s neck. So, when years later it surfaces from back of my cupboard I know who it is.

1 Like

That is a good idea. I will start doing that. I know I had bought it the same time as I had bought a kit named Summer.

I think you are very brave to experiment with new materials. Rah for you! Keep us posted on how they work out for you.

2 Likes

the kit is trinity grace by linda k smith

http://www.rebornsuppliesplanet.com/trinity-grace.html

1 Like

Well her head is big, looks like she should be a 21" baby at least…lol thank you :smile:

I don’t think it’s Trinity Grace. Very different mouths.

1 Like

Here she is all painted and rooted. So far the paints actually seems permanent. I thinned them way down and did washes. The feel is smooth, not chalky and so far seems to not wash off. I did not try and scrub it off, but did use a damp paper towel. Although the matte sealer that is from the same company is shiny. Maybe I pounce it too much. I am not sure how it would be to mix with paint. Wish there was a way to seal airdry without using the varnish. Sigh

1 Like