Anybody hate a kit and then love it?

Has anybody initially hated or really disliked a kit initially and then completely fall in love?

When Levi by Bonnie Brown was first released I just didn’t like him at all, then I held one in person and fell head over heels in love.

More recently I just hated Ava by Cassie Brace, but now I really really want a kit for my own personal collection :joy:

8 Likes

Yes! I felt bad for a previous customer who ended up getting scammed by someone else and painted her a Levi. He curled right up in my arms when I was done and I ended up loving him. :blush:

I will not be loving Ava regardless of who paints her though. :joy:

5 Likes

I absolutely hated my LouLou until he got put together. Seriously…I hated him. I loved all the versions I saw online. But I hated mine. Then I put him together and fell in love. By then it was too late to buy more LouLou kits. But now I wish I had bought a dozen.

9 Likes

I didn’t like Lou Lou when she first came out, but after seeing so many beautiful versions of her I decided I wanted her, and then she was sold out.

8 Likes

I loved Lou Lou, but decided at that moment in time to actually stick to my stupid kit diet. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I hated Brittany, wanted to turn her into alternative ghost baby (there is still post about in somewhere on this forum :wink: ), but fell in live while painting her :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I had the same with Levi. I held someone else’s Levi. She was selling him. He curled up so nicely! Poor thing was painted and rooted terribly, though. So I bought the kit for myself.

3 Likes

I hated Saskia… at the end I told her “hey you’re pretty cute!”

8 Likes

That’s exactly what happened with me and Levi, I disliked him and then I held him in my arms and he just curled up in my arms so perfectly and better than any baby has before and I just fell in love. Now I have 2 Levi kits awaiting painting XD

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time!! A little over a year ago I went to a local doll show and someone had Birdie LLE for sale. I am not a fan of many of her kits, but seeing this one in person, I fell completely in love. I walked out of there with my pockets emptied but my arms full of a bundle of love. He is still one of my favorites in my collection!

1 Like

This is how I felt about Huxley and then I bought 4, painted 3. My last Hux is a twin with Connolly :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me it’s Ramsey I don’t like the look of the kit at all but this is my one and only forever doll I’ve painted and could never sell.

5 Likes

Yes, happened to me quite a bit cause I always painted the kits in my stash that I didn’t really like and saved the cute ones. I found out that some of them I really liked and painted them again. Just happened with Rosalie too.

1 Like

I just posted a similar thread, wish I would have read this first.

Aria is one of them. I did not like her at all now she is one of my faves.

Never like or wanted to paint a Saskia. A forum friend sold me one and I painted her and she is really lovely and fun to paint. I have one more and I am saving it.

Yael. I ordered him on accident and I LOVE that baby.

5 Likes

I’m total opposite to Saskia specifically. I currently have 3 of em :joy::joy: When I first got into sculpt’s and their names and sculptors etc. Saskia was the first to catch my eye…second was Liam.

2 Likes

Your Yael is adorable and I’m excited for your next Saskia :hugs::heart:

1 Like

I didn’t really care too much for Levi… Absolutely loved the idea of a super curled up kit so the legs did not bother me the slightest bit. I was more concerned with how limited I would be posing his arms and it still looking realistic. Needles to say I recently got his kit in the mail and have yet to put him down for more than 10 minutes. :joy::joy: That kit is an absolute dream to hold.

1 Like