And now, a new PIF for you all

Anyone who wants to get a Pass-it-forward gift from me, and who solemnly promises to do a PIF of their own, answer the following question and put your name in the post so I know who’s who as some of your avatars are not associated with names. Your name will be put into a hat and the winning name will be drawn, by my husband, on September 14th (because that’s my oldest daughters birthday and it seemed an auspicious date!) Best of luck to each of you. Here’s the question:

What is the thing that most draws you to a particular sculpt? For example: I am drawn to really well-sculpted, wider- mouthed babies and babies with lots of personality in their faces.

1 Like

I would have to say that I am most drawn to the babies with lots of creases. Oh and chubby limbs. Love chubby limbs!

Name is Kate just like my screen name. :smile:

3 Likes

I love the chubby sculpts and the realistic sweet newborn dolls
My name is Linda

I tend to go for realism, but they have to be cute. Anne💗

2 Likes

I like the newborn look with lots of details in the limbs. I’ve like some kits limbs but not so much their face and the other way around. Oh and ears, must have realistic ears, not too big, not too small, some sculpts are gorgeous but once I saw the ears I was no longer interested.
My name is shannon

2 Likes

I choose the ones I would like for myself. That is all I go by. :smiley::heart:
Nichole lol :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hey… Where is Starr??? @westernstarr

1 Like

I was wondering that myself this morning. She usually tells us when she’s off somewhere…hmm…
Do you feel okay, Nikki?

Hey, I just booked my hotel room for ROSE.

5 Likes

I feel… Ok. Just ok. I think I need a frozen yogurt with coconut and jalapeños. Lololol

4 Likes

If that’s what bunny wants, that’s what bunny needs. I am so danged happy and am literally praying for you continuously!

2 Likes

I love sculpts that have serene expressions, and lots of details in the limbs, mostly sleeping kits.

1 Like

I love sculpts that have serene expressions, and lots of details in the limbs, mostly sleeping kits.

Me too!!! But, there is nothing I can do until tomorrow. So, I’ll eat yogurt and watch chopped!!! Oh! Helen did u see? My tv boyfriend is hosting food fighters!!! I think he was getting a little fat on man vs. food! Lololl he’s so chubby cuddley!!! :heart:️:smiley:

1 Like

@annalane58 I love your new avitar picture!!! Who is that adorable baby??? Oops sorry, screwing up Helens pif thread! :flushed:

Full lips,chubby cheeks. Renati (my parents had a sense of humor)

1 Like

Definitely a ear person. I swear that’s the first thing I even checked on my own two daughters when they were born. Good thing they passed the test or I would have had to return them. Told my husband he better not get big old man ears or I’m going to send him for an ear reduction lol Deb

2 Likes

So far I don’t think I am really drawn to any particular types of kits yet, I like them all but I really like the more realistic looking kits over the dolly looking ones.But that may change as I improve my skills and develop more of what I like.
My name is Miranda

The Sculpts I prefer mostly are those that have allot of detail, as we all naturally do. I originally get drawn in by the face of the baby.
This is where the decision is mostly made for me. My focus is looking for a real baby not the face of a baby doll !
I would even go as far as to say if the sculpt looks a little rough in the features from the so called birthing process this would be my first choice vs.otherwise!
Thereafter, it is time to look at the creases and wrinkles of the little hands and feet which are as equally important to the Artist as well as the Customer.
When we watch a Box Opening the first thing the New Mommy looks for are those little piggy toes and those sweet hands!
A quick example of my particular preference would be the Precious Gift Sculpt vs, the Dumplin Sculpt!
I do understand that Dumplin can be painted and rooted to look quite cute! It is just my perception of the realism factor!
My name is DebbieG

The mouth! Love the Tate Arcello and Anastsia Auer type mouth!

2 Likes

I love the chubby ones…with sweet expressions…and lots of realistic detail in the feet and hands…and open hands. Bette

1 Like