Amazing Evon Nather Hair Painting Video

5 Likes

I was actually laughing out loud watching as I envisioned myself painting with a brush that big :grimacing:
I’m pretty sure it would look like I dipped the babies head in shoe polish LOL!
Her painting is amazing

2 Likes

I would love to know what brush that is. Looks like a lot of it has to do with paint thickness and the brush its self. Imo

1 Like

She uses a large round brush, and I believe she trims it a bit.

1 Like

Way too fast to really understand what she did. I like using bigger brushes, it’s creating an illusion of hair instead of each strand. I think it looks often more realistic.

1 Like

The last time I saw any footage of her painting she was teaching to use a fan brush that she notched out with scissors. This is way different and I gotta say looks a mess to me in most of this video. I know she will be bringing it round but right now I am having a hard time seeing how she will get there.

I wish I video was alittle slower

@Rosa05 When you start the video, select the 3 dots to the very right. Your can slow it down to half speed. Much easier to view.

1 Like

Oh ok…thank you :heart:

1 Like

She has a picture of this baby on her FB page completed. I think it’s the same baby. If not, it is very similar to what she did in this video, and the hair looks quite realistic when done. Dimensional and with the look of strands and depth.

I will have to look it up.

1 Like

I checked. It’s not the same baby as in the video but the hair is very similar and shows the detailing. I don’t know how she does it with such a fat brush. I can see using it to fill in the fuller look of hair, but how she gets tinier strands and detail, it blows me away.

She has a video posted April 6, 2020 and matching photos of Baby Aspen. The technique looks very similar. I watched another artist use a big brush to paint hair and It amazes me how it’s done. I try the same thing and it looks ridiculous! I’m wondering…does it really look as good in person? I’m sure it does, but for the life of me, I can’t get close. Just wondering if lighting, photography helps it look more realistic.

1 Like

I’ve had a Nather baby before. Definitely the best painted hair I’ve ever seen. At least, in person. I take my photos with just my phone and some sunlight haha.

Capture+_2021-11-08-23-18-13(1)

2 Likes

I will never be able to paint like Evon.

I cant grasp how she gets where she gets in the end :wink:

2 Likes

Same here. I may use a test head to practice and see if I can “figure it out” but I kind of doubt it.