Alternative paint removal?

I have a Sage kit that I ordered with yellow stains from the factory cover up paint. They won’t come off, even after 5 days in the sun with acne cream. Does anyone know any other ways to remove stains from vinyl?

2 Likes

I think the best you can hope for at this point is to do some neutralizing color washes on this kit or go to a darker skin tone baby in order to work with it. I have found in the past when vinyl absorbs pigments from air dry paint that it is impossible to remove. Being that this was factory paint, it would be an air dry paint in which the pigments soaked into the vinyl as well. Air dry paint pigments become one with the vinyl more so than Genesis does. That is why you can’t get it off.

1 Like

Can you utilize the yellow with the primary method? Or could you sand them off? I know. It’s a lot of extra work to have to do on a new kit, seconds or otherwise.

I am wondering if it is really from the paint because it is only Mede some spots in some kits. I’m wondering if is a stain from something they touched or a burn or something like that. I had a stain like that on my Emmy head after I stripped her and the reason I stripped her was she was taking paint funny so I’m guessing she had the yellow spot from the factory and she was painted over and I didn’t realize it. The stains I’ve seen are kinda finger sized and are in places you’d touch to pick up the kit some it got me thinking it was from something on gloves? :thinking: and it permeated the vinyl?

1 Like

Could be…ugh

Was it a seconds kit?

To have to go though all of that on NEW kits is just insane to me I’m sorry. :pensive:

2 Likes

Why don’t you return it?

1 Like

Bountiful Baby isn’t replying to my emails whatsoever. It’s been almost a week and I’ve sent several about wanting to send it back or get a replacement head. I know they’re in the middle of a huge sale, so I’m hoping they’re busy and not just ignoring me.

I don’t mind seconds kits or small imperfections, I just do my best to incorporate them. Is this stain, mark, paint, on the part of the head where you will paint or root hair? Will a couple shading layers at the end camo it?