Aloenka in the oven?

MacPherson has a special today, get a $20 gift card if you buy Aloenka (40” child kit.) I’ve always wanted her. But I use heat set. Has anyone been brave enough to bake her or any other child kit? I want to know if it’s possible.

2 Likes

Yikes! I never thought about trying to fit her in the oven.

I’ve been wanting her too

1 Like

Oh wow she is so absolutely stunning. I too would like to know if she would fit
I have two extended rings

1 Like

I have a nuwave pro plus oven. She fit in the oven but in pieces, meaning head by itself, torso by itself, each arm by itself, if i recall right i think i could fit both legs at same time. I only had one extender ring at the time and i had no problems. Takes a lot of bakings, i have also done angelica and gabriella by reva schick (the 5-yr olds) with only one extender ring with no problems.

1 Like

Thank you! Now how am I going to talk myself OUT of buying this super expensive kit that I don’t need? Oh right…I’m probably not going to talk myself out of it. :grimacing:

3 Likes

She’s beautiful, but I don’t know who would buy such a big doll. She’d be fun to paint, though

You’re welcome, happy to help. Sorry but i would be no help in talking you out of buying her. Lol. I love her, she was so much fun to paint and see her coming to life and even more fun to shop for. I found 3T fit her really well. I’ve made several of her in the past 5 yrs. I sold them all but plan on making another one for myself. She really is a beautiful little girl when finished.

1 Like

@angelknitsem Please post pics of your Child Kits. I’ve been wanting to paint one. Maybe next year. I would love to see them!

I heat set Angelica Schick in the oven years back when she was first released and had no problems. I imagine she’d be fine

I would love to show them to you. I did them years ago and sadly i don’t have pics of them anymore. I do plan on making more in the future. I enjoy making the bigger doll kits.

1 Like

Get her, @Katinafleming!! Hahaa I have one here that I have yet to paint. The kit is beautiful.

I’ve never done anything like this before. Should be fun. :blush:

2 Likes

I talked myself out of her for now. I tried to picture packing her to ship and couldn’t figure out how that would work. :thinking:
Also I looked at my layaways and realized the last payment was due yesterday on my Isabella kit by Regina S. So I paid her off instead. She will satisfy me for now. $20 isn’t much of a difference, so I’ll just wait and buy Aloenka at some point later on.

4 Likes

How did I miss this deal? I have been wanting her forever.

2 Likes

They post daily deals on Facebook.

2 Likes

Oh,ok.I need to start checking

1 Like

I just went to McP’s to see what Aloenka looked like and then clicked on sale kits. Thanks guys you made me buy Gabriella, LOL. she is on sale for $30. I made her for my niece a couple months ago paid $109 and added body $20 and different limbs $15 extra. Only $30, omg, I don’t need more kits but when it says sale sign me up any time. :footprints: :baby:

2 Likes

$30 is only the deposit. She’s actually $109.99 total

1 Like

OMG I guess I didn’t read that carefully,duh stupid me.Went back and you’re right. Oh man I don’t know what to do now?Guess I’ll be making Gabriella and paying up for being dumb. Thanks Kate.

Maybe if you message them they will let you cancel the order? They do have great customer service.

Thanks i sent a request to cancel and hope Brenda will take pity on me for being a stupid. thanks :roll_eyes:

3 Likes