All done…

I sold all my supplies. Finished my last baby a couple weeks ago. Since nothing is selling any kre, and I ran out of room to keep babies and all my hobby stuff, I ammofficially done with reborning. Makes me sad because I love creating babies. But all my stuff is gone now.

7 Likes

You might start another hobby . Is good you had this experience. I am planning to sell one of my Ovens and many of my stuff as well and have a minimal left. Slowed down as I had no time and planning to study more and things.

You can still eb part of the group.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you felt the need to quit reborning but certainly understand. Sometimes we just have to let go of things and move on. Good for you to make such a big decision. Good luck with future endeavors!!

2 Likes

Yes…things in our life seem to cycle…here for a seson…and then we move on to newer and different things.

I, too, can see the end of reborning looming out there for me. I love it so much tho…I just hope maybe the market will pick back up somewhat…but I’m afraid it may not…:disappointed:

Of course…I haven’t actually set a fire with my rebornibg speed lately. Haven’t even completed the 2 I started bal in the fall…:crazy_face:

I have the manic urge to quit at times, it’s frustrating to get attached to the babies and not be able to sell them, or think they are good enough and then when I try to sell them no one wants them…. That hurts the most. Sometimes I want to just toss everything and quit, but then a cute kit comes out and I’m sucked back in :dizzy_face:

8 Likes

Ditto!

Same here. I have been reborning since late 2004 and have seen how much it has changed throughout the years. We only had forums (another story) and then Facebook took over and the forums died out. Ebay was great, then got greedy. The scamming has gone crazy, so I go to one show a year.
It is very disappointing in many ways. Not leaving out the economy. I weaned myself off of kit buying aka “vinyl fever”, but every now and then I slip. I started with acrylics, flipped back and forth with the original Genesis paints. I sold most of them, because I love the acrylics and I value my life. They came out with brands that I like, then suddenly they are discontinued, (Miracle Blend, BabyFX). :cry: I’ve tried others, but they are my favorites. I sometimes think that the money I have invested in hair, tutorials, all the things to make that baby, literally, I could have bought and paid for a very nice RV and traveled the world.:smiling_face_with_tear::joy: I have original kits that I know that I will never paint, some are from way back when. I have babies that need homes, which was never an issue. I make myself feel better with “well at least I can see how my paint :art: holds up, so far so good.” Now, the silicone age is upon us. Mentioning this, age is also factoring in, but I love​:heart: what I do. I just keep hoping that it will begin to thrive again. I am a hopeful optimist.:joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I too have taken a break from reborning. I have not quit however. My mom fell and broke her hip in 2022. We had to go through my parents house that year. She was the reason why I started to paint dolls, and basically the only reason.

Then this year my life was out of control. My husband had an emotional affair with a coworker(married for 30 years), my puppy son passed away, and my mom passed away November 17th. And my youngest son was in an accident in July. He is fine but is facing DUI charges. The state took all of my parents real-estate and it was a constant state of lying to my parents. I was an emotional wreck and to be honest still am. I did start making candles in October which I paint, they are dessert candles. I know I will start again but it may take some time to get me back there.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry that is a lot to handle. It seems that 2023 has not been a good year in so many ways. I hope that you will get back to what you love and life gets better for you soon!:heart:

Hey Judie… don’t quit! I love “bumping” into you at KDS!

1 Like