Air Dry people

I am running low on GHSP matte varnish so I used Folk Art, soft touch, top coat. It worked great, feels great, looks really soft but…

(and I may need to have let it cure longer than overnight)

when I was rooting and misting the head with conditioner to remove tangles and trim I noticed that the top coat was turning kinda milky and getting glue-like. It dried fine about 20 minutes later but I am a little worried.

Anyone have any experience rooting after air dry varnish?

1 Like

I use Americana soft touch and root over it all the time, but I wait at least 1 week before I root.

3 Likes

Is the folk art the glass and tile? I have heard of people having issues with that…

1 Like

Macpherson, Dolls by Sandie, and Bountiful Baby all have Ghsp matte and satin varnish in stock. Small containers. But I don’t think there’s a limit.

1 Like

I usually begin rooting over Soft touch after drying overnight. Could it be too thick?

1 Like

Was the Soft Touch your top coat? What kind of conditioner were you using? Maybe that reacted with the top coat.

1 Like

Depending on the humidity and temperature where you are it can take longer to fully cure. I think about 48 hours is standard, but I usually leave it a week or so just to be sure.

1 Like

The drying time or too thick may cause that.

1 Like

They do but I would have to buy a lot I have eleven babies to seal.

Thanks for the heads up, I did buy some colors from sandy that I was desperately low on.

1 Like

I have used the American soft touch and had none of this silliness, this was the Folk art soft touch top coat in the white bottle (not the jar stuff). I am going to give it a couple more days to cure. I had a practice limb, got it wet a couple times, went milky but dried again. This is weird.

1 Like

I make my own mohair conditioner, I originally created this for my dog (golden doodle) and changed it around a bit for mohair (when you process and dye it you lose some of the lanolin) and lightly scented it, I have only used this conditioner on all my babies. Strange thing, gonna let it cure a little longer.

Huh. That is weird.