20 pounds of polyfill..?

Oh my gosh you guys… look at this box :laughing:
The past few weeks I have been browsing a local online auction website. This weekend one of the things I bought was a “20 pound box of polyfill”. I was the only bidder, so I paid $2. I saw it and thought oh perfect! The retail price was listed for $40, so I naively assumed it was actually the big 5 pound box I’ve seen in Walmart and Joanns. I figured 5 pounds or 20, it’ll be worth more than 2 bucks!

Today my boyfriend offered to pick up the box from the auction warehouse for me and he told me “That box is huge. It barely fit in my car.”
He dropped the box off at my house, and my mom texts me, “Oh my gosh. That box is huge.”
Eh whatever, it can’t be that big!
I failed to realize that 20 pounds of fluff is like…. A TON of fluff.
Nothing could’ve prepared me for the size of the box.

I have no idea where this came from, the auctions are kinda sketchy. I’ve only found this box on Joanns for $100.
The box has to be almost 3 foot tall and just as wide. But oh my god, I will never need to buy polyfill again. :rofl:

26 Likes

I bought 20 pounds of cluster stuff years ago and still have around half of it! LOL

I use it in the body but regular polyfil in the limbs and head. I go through the polyfil faster

5 Likes

You got that for $2?! I’m envious. Stand back when you open it. :rofl: It’s compressed to fit in the box and will burst out. You’re going to find out it’s twice as much as it appears.

8 Likes

Oh my gosh, I’m going to drown in polyfill! :laughing:

5 Likes

Haha that is awesome!! Amazing find! You will never need polyfil again :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m working on my second bag. I have another one. I do the same as you when putting the dolls together.

2 Likes

:joy::joy: awesome!! You were completely lucky!! :grin::grin: so now every time you go pass the box at walmart your gonna laugh!!!

2 Likes

Awesome deal!!! This is the size i get at my walmart…and you are right…they run 30-40$!!!

1 Like

I bought a 20 pound box of cluster stuff a few years ago too. I still have 1/3 of it. I do like that the large quantity boxes are actually broken down in to 3-4 individual bags. But still. That damn box sat in the middle of my doll room for over a year. I finally put a board on top of it to use it as a table. :rofl:

12 Likes

I bought one of those before. Huge.

Super buy for Polyfil. I have one of those boxes too and I almost fainted when they brought it to the house for how big the box is LOL

1 Like

You need to make a video of what happens when you open that box! It already looks like it’s trying to explode and when you open it I’ll bet it is going to take over the room. Please share when you open it!

2 Likes

I have a 10 pound box and it is enormous!

2 Likes

I just ordered a 20 pound box, and when our FedEx guy delivered it, the tape on the top of the box split and the bag popped out. It was pretty funny.

6 Likes

I’ll bet! That stuff explodes once it frees itself. I can’t even imagine a 20 lb box opening up, it probably takes up half a normal sized room!

3 Likes