10 inch babies

How much should I expect to pay for an unpainted assembled 10 inch baby versus a painted and assembled 10 inch baby? I saw a few for sale on Facebook around $160. Not sure I want to pay THAT much for one, especially when I don’t necessarily need it painted.

1 Like

10 inch kits are under $20 on Bountiful Baby’s site and the body is probably under $12. I wouldn’t pay that much for an unpainted kit. Are you planning on painting it yourself or having someone else to paint it?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t pay that much for a 10 inch unpainted kit. Higher priced, non BB mini babies usually sell for $45-$65. Some include body slips. Sold out limited editions of any kit can be a lot more. I’m curious why you’d want it assembled if it isn’t painted.

4 Likes

I wondered that also because she’ll have to take it back apart to paint it anyway. Oh I just read that she doesn’t need it painted. I’d just put one together myself.

2 Likes

I sold one for 70US shipping included

2 Likes

@CindyLouWho, @jeanhai I haven’t been on the forum very long, but I’ve seen several different people lament the lack of clothing options for the itty bitty 10-inch babies. As I sewer, I was interested in acquiring one to use as a model and to try and make some clothing for that size. I have no experience with reborning, and have always been a terrible a terrible painter, so I was going to see about having someone assemble an unpainted kit for me. But I was curious if a painted one wouldn’t be a huge amount more. :blush:

1 Like

Oh now I see!! I couldn’t figure out why you wanted an unpainted, assembled doll. I still think $160 is way too much. Anyone could put together an unpainted baby for much less.

2 Likes

You could assemble yourself. Just need cotton and zip ties!

3 Likes

The $160 was for a completed and painted doll. I don’t see many for sale. There is one on Reborns.com that I like, but s/he is $200. I think I will probably save up and then pay to have someone buy my kit of choice and assemble it.

@Sony72, good to know! I will make sure to save up for multiple. I really like Lilly Loo by Marita Winters, and also Mina Mini by Didy Jacobsen.

But don’t they need to be weighted properly for accuracy? I really should just buy glass beads/baby fat in bulk and learn how to weight and assemble these dolls, even if I can’t paint to save my life. :laughing:

1 Like

If you are going to use it for a “size” and “body shape” pattern maker I would just use a doll kit that is unpainted but assembled, that way you won’t be destroying paint by taking clothes “on and off” trying out different types of outfits. JMO.
@mdurant1

2 Likes

That’s a good point! Thanks!

Your Welcome. Might help with your decision making.

Just stuff the baby well, you don’t need weight! Save your money! Find a reborn size you like and stuff it with stuffing from walmart. Pay about 25 total!!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Although he is a little larger at 13 inches, preemie Caleb is a bit more accurately shaped baby.

2 Likes