Why do people expect

What are the red flags you’ve developed?

1 Like

Well, I can give a couple of examples.

One lady I had was very wishy washy. There was too much back and forth and she kept changing her mind. Finally I kind of nailed her down to the details, then she kept emailing me, bothering asking me to do this, add on that ect. Finally I got sick of it and refunded her.

There was a lady who contacted me not long ago who had an exact vision, exact specifications, exactly what she didn’t want ect. I declined to work with her right from the start.

So, as you can see, there are no hard and fast rules. I just now have learned to trust my gut. Fortunately most of my customers are amazing. The difficult ones seem to be a minority…

2 Likes

That’s so bizarre. My problem was picking a kit and a complexion. I couldn’t decide. They’re all cute. When she got Chase, I followed her WIP and fell in love. I’m not too picky about anything else but the kit lol.

The artist’s style is amazing, and I’ve seen prior work, I don’t need to drive the process. The customers come to us, we don’t find them. Don’t drive the artist crazy! I’m not doing customs once I’m good. I wouldn’t enjoy painting with a person like that

1 Like

None of us do! :rofl: Difficult people can suck the joy right out of this hobby.

And just to clarify, I don’t think anyone minds helping a customer choose a kit or even being patient while they figure out what they want. This is a major expense for most people. They should get what they want… The problem was changing her mind about things I already started painting and constantly asking for free upgrades.

3 Likes

I ALWAYS trust my gut, whether it’s for a custom, layaway or whatever. It’s never let me down.

3 Likes

The right thing is to give her a refund. Do they ever offer to pay for wasted materials? They have no idea that we’re not working in the North Pole.

1 Like

Hahaaa nobody cares. But actually there haven’t been too many problems with wasted materials in my case. I just sell the doll to someone else.

3 Likes

They’re going to care when the decent artists leave and they’re left to the savage ones. The scammers, bad artists and people who don’t care what they want. This type of art attracts nuts.

3 Likes

Update. She backed out with a sob story. So I am keeping the deposit and relisted the baby.
I did tell her that if she ever decides to purchase a doll in the future I will deduct the deposit from the total. As long as she pays in full

3 Likes

Sounds like a good and fair resolution.

1 Like

Good for you and very fair!