What's Up With The Cuddle Body?

So cute!!!

2 Likes

She’s adorable :blush:

2 Likes

Love her :heart: she’s just precious! Such a pretty baby :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

They look just like Waldorf bodies to me. You can find those online pretty easy :smiley:

Yes! I actually downloaded that pattern awhile back from Etsy. I think it’s too small as is but could be altered

1 Like

Right! That’s what I was thinking!

Very cute

Do you know where I can get a body or pattern for 1. Very cute for a younger child.

May I ask what you sell the cuddle body baby dolls for versus reborn? Especially if reborns are not extremely expensive. If someone sells bald reborns for about 150-175.00. How much would a cuddle baby cost?

After reading thru this thread I didn’t understand the fascination with these dolls but now it seems like a good idea if you have just a head or messed up the body but can salvage the head. Sorry @Vanniek Idk but there are some ladies that do make them and they’ll fill you in. Read your other post also, hang in there. I have yet to get any sales going after two years. Just gift giving for now. I refuse to put myself out there until i am completely satisfied with myself. It’s crazy, but sometimes I’ll come across a reborn and think i can’t believe this person is trying to sell this, I could have been selling all along. However, there’s two sides to every coin. I give some of those people credit. At least they are taking a chance and putting themselves out there. Don’t rush or shortchange yourself, just do what feels right to you.

2 Likes

If your cost is usually that amount, I’d say a cuddle baby would be priced at about $100-$120

2 Likes

I have 2 cuddle babies for sale right now. One has 1/4 limbs with hands and feet, the other has an all cloth body. They’re super snuggly and extremely poseable. They’re beneficial as therapy babies or play dolls for younger children. Depending on the kit and size, I price mine between $150-$200 with painted hair but I include a lot of extras.

2 Likes

Thank you Lisa!! <3 :hugs:

I’m thinking about doing one or two cuddle babies, eventually. I don’t have extra heads though and I’m not splitting up the kits I have lol. So when I can find a couple of heads I like I will get a couple of cuddle bodies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

**actually you are all pretty off on this subject lol…
They are very popular for adults that are collectors. I have 8 reborns and to cuddles. Ones a Fairy and she sells her for $650.00 she has a silicone head personally I would not pay $650.00 I bought her from the 1st owner for $350.00 and love her. I’m home bound and can’t sleep because of horrible chronic pain I’m alone 13 to 16 hours a day and I can cuddle with these babies and actually get a little sleep and not worry about messing up their paint and ect… besides they are so very soft.
My second cuddle is Deborah Sue Sculpt also a silicone head and she was $350.00 she is not quite the color in was looking for and the artist is going to redo one for me.
These are both done very well and with a lot of work and love! I think if you make one with a regular extra head they are a great for a childs first reborn. But these are also collectors and very nice reborns as well!

8 Likes

They are soooo cute!!

I was finally able to see cuddle babies in person at the doll show. Also, they were done three different ways. First, silicone head and poly fill body, 2nd-glass and poly fill body, 3rd-all glass beads-in the limbs. The limbs on the last one felt like silicone. So much so, that I had to ask what the filling was. They were very soft, no crunch whatsoever.:grin:

1 Like

My reason was because I wanted to gift a Reborn to a dear young friend, so to cut down on the paint time( I spend a lot of time on my limbs. And then add in nails, it cut my finish time dramatically) I then decided to use it as an opportunity to experiment a bit since it was for a young girl and Free. Tried my hand at tear ducts and tried to improve on my lip coloring.

7 Likes

Seriously adorable!

1 Like