What is the difference between full legs and side loading legs?

Even if you turn the legs where the zip tie is on the 3/4 legged body to be knee up, heel down?

I have had a chance today to try altering the legs and put them on a 3/4 body . Very basically stuffed but here’s some pics as it’s easier to show than explain:

They cross almost at a right angle. If I put them knee up heel down they won’t lie properly. I did eventually get them not too bad though they still don’t look right to me. If I put them like this on the actual doll though they look terrible. Like they don’t belong to her. She doesn’t feel right either and also looks too long with them (22"). After experimenting a bit though full legs seem too short.

Both the bodies you’ve shown are just too wide for her, I would personally try this body https://bountifulbaby.com/products/7519?_pos=25&_sid=342668769&_ss=r because while it’s meant for a smaller baby it’s only a half-inch shorter than the 20" body and would look more slender and possibly more proportionate. if you look at how Presley’s legs are on this body you can see that the knees are somewhere in between going up and down and sideways the legs do need a full-length body probably, it just has to be the right one.

I think maybe sharing a photo of the whole kit compared to the babies may help find a good fit for a body?!

If you have one, try an 18" 3/4 limb body. Sometimes the recommended body is just too big. This one also has a very wide crotch.

1 Like

Honestly have yet to find a kit where the recommended body actually fits.

I wish there was a picture of Presley lying on his back with this body. Just looking at the body makes it seem like the legs will stick out to the sides unless it’s loosely stuffed.

I actually have this body with a Liam doll kit on it, Ill throw it together when I’m back at my house to show what it looks like.
I’ll also throw my 20 inch kit I have on it and see

Here are the 20" 1c Adrie Stoete limbs from macphersons on the 17" front load body that have a long thigh, with a Liam head, the circumference of the Liam head is about a half inch smaller than
Huggy Bear so not much smaller. The legs don’t splay more than basically any babies would naturally. the body also is fairly likely stuffed and could look chunkier with more stuffing.

IMG_8720

2 Likes

Looks like a better fit but it might be just a little small for Huggy Bear. Try 18" or 18-19" 3/4 limb if you have one. BB body #3432 would more than likely work well and it’s on sale for $13.97.

Ok I’ve taken photos of her whole body (not her face though sorry incase her artist sees and is upset I’ve taken her apart).

Photos 1 & 2 are 3/4 body, a 20 -21" one as I don’t have another. Pic 3 is the 20" full leg body she’s already on. Her legs look too short to me in the third photo. The 3/4 do look better but still aren’t right.

Personally I think she may just need a smaller+ slimmer full legged body to look more proportioned

How do I get a slimmer body? Just take some stuffing out of a normal one of do they actually make a thin body?

You might have to bite the bullet and buy one that fits. All the ones you’ve shown are too big for this baby. That’s why they don’t look right.

Is the fact her body is too big also causing her limbs to look small compared to her head? Or is that how the kit is anyway regardless of body size? I am going to order a new body after Christmas, I didn’t want to redo her really but all the stuffing has sort of moved somehow and she doesn’t feel too good anymore. Like all the weight is in one place. On the current body she’s 20-22" all over, am I right in thinking if I get one of the 18-19" body’s you suggested that will make her 18-19" overall instead?

Yes, she’ll be much more proportionate.

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, just want to say a big thank you :heartpulse: to Jeanhai for advising me on this. I finally got around today to swapping the body for a 18-19" 3 /4 one and the difference is amazing. She looks so much better altogether, in proportion and she actually lies flat now or even on her side…she’s totally dressable and poseable. In the same way that all the wonderful babies I’ve seen on here are that I simply could not figure out why mine wasn’t like that. I loved her but always felt there was something off and not quite right, now I know why. What a transformation, I wish I’d put her on this body ages ago! Thank you for telling me to change her over!

2 Likes