Thoughts?

I would be concerned the moment she said she had problems getting the baby to stay together. I have now assembled three babies (two Ashton-Drakes, one BB kit) and it’s not difficult. Also that doll does not look well painted. I mean this in the kindest way possible, but you get what you get for $120. I completely understand not being able to spend a lot on a baby, but you also don’t want to waste money on something that is poorly made. Personally, I would ask for a refund and then put that money towards a nicer doll. The one that Yelena has for sale is beautiful and very VERY reasonably priced (seriously, @YelenaRey, that doll looks more like a $350 doll, not a $225 one!).

2 Likes

there is no way, anyone that has made 2-3 dolls already , would not know how to put limbs together, call paypal right away!!

3 Likes

agree, 120.00 is less than the price of materials, BUT also too much $$$ to just throw away

1 Like

I understand120 is not alot at all for a doll but it just seems she always comes up with excuses and 120 is alot for me to pay for nothing in return…Yelena your doll is beautiful and if he does not sell fast then yes when i get the refund i would love him

3 Likes

@chasi77 @mdurant1 Thank you, ladies!

1 Like

As someone mentioned, she needs to remove the strings and use zip ties. The strings are difficult to tie tightly and they loosen over time.

@YelenaRay your Logan is way better. Hers doesn’t even look painted. If she panicked at mention of a refund, she may have already spent the money.

2 Likes

She used string ties to attach the head and limbs. You can see them in the picture.

1 Like

She just emailed me and said he is coming together well…i mentioned the string and she said that was just to see what he looked like put together…i am thinking im gonna be asking for a refund…and yes im sure with all her non straight answers she probably spent the money when she got it…

If she is a beginner (and not naturally talented at painting) she should not be taking orders. It drives me nuts when I see that.
Even if it is “cheap”, if it is done bad, what’s the point? She need to practice more before selling.
With that said… I do not switch to the cable ties until I am completely done and assembling the final time.

8 Likes

I agree 100%.

1 Like

1000% agreed. I see it ALL the time. Brand new people who do not know what they are doing taking custom orders left and right.

By the time people pay for their doll done by someone like this along with the experienced artist they will need to hire to make the needed repairs, they will have spent as much or more than it would have taken to get a nicely done doll to begin with.

3 Likes

Why would she send photos of him falling apart and ask if you still want him like that? Why wouldn’t she just fix it? Something is not right here.

4 Likes

Yelena, your Logan is adorable!

1 Like

It looks like she used the strings to attach the head and the limbs. The strings do not hold these parts on well at all. Tell her to replace the strings with zip ties. Very easy to do and holds everything the way it should.

Well looks like i am out 140 dollars! I put in a claim to Paypal and it was denied! I wouldnt be so upset if it wasnt a gift for my daughter who has been thru abuse after abuse by my ex in-laws…this baby was suppose to be a therapy baby for her…ugh! :flushed:

Maybe you should tell her you’ll take her to small claims court if she doesn’t send the doll.

Did you request a refund from the artist first and she denied it? Because you should only file a claim with paypal if she refused to refund you voluntarily. Jumping straight to paypal claims is not earning you any points with her, other artists, or paypal.

PayPal denied it? Why? She took your money and hasn’t delivered the goods. Maybe you should tell her you’ll take her to small claims court if she doesn’t send the doll. Or, you could take it as is and add the zip ties yourself. At least then you wouldn’t be out the money.

Yes i went to her 1st about a refund and she got all panicked and was like no no he will be done…i think she spent the money as soon as she got it