Thinking of a Nursery name change ya'll

That’s very cute.

Unfortunately, as I do have “Southern” within my nursery name…I wouldn’t. I’m thinking of changing mine as well. It has never been a issue but the last few weeks I’ve gotten countless rude/hateful messages calling me racist, inbreed hick, kkk supporter, and many more I don’t wanna repeat and was told it was because of the name.

2 Likes

:scream: what?? That’s terrible! I’m so very sorry you’re going through that! I love your nursery name but I do understand you wanting to change it. That’s just nuts :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I love it as well, and have had it since I started, but it’s becoming a bit much. I’ve not had to block many people at all, until recently. Between messages and comments on my page. Last week someone took SS of my nursery page and blasted it within a buyer beware group shaming small shop owners/small business owners that hold a “racist” business. It was bad.

I love your name already but since you want to change it, I love Southern Charm Nursery!!!

1 Like

WHAT!?!!? They got all that out of Southern Lullabies!!?? WTH is WRONG with people? Unbelievable. And shameful.

5 Likes

No clue. After 700+ comments in the buyer beware group from people who arent even in the community to come onto my nursery page and say some of the vilest things I’ve ever read…just it took me back honestly.
Apparently having the “balls” (quote from one of the commenters) to put “southern” in your business name just shows how open and uncaring you are about what’s going on in the world right now. I just don’t get it at all

1 Like

I love it as well! All my branding is already with this name, my cards/birth certificate/going home papers. I’ve stopped posting anything about my nursery in anything but reborn groups. I loved sharing within my small shop groups since that’s where theyre for, sharing what you make from home but that last post …it got me. To wake up to multiple messages from tons of people with nasty/vile/hateful remarks. It took hours deleting their comments/blocking them from my page

4 Likes

It’s not right or fair. I love your nursery name but for your own peace of mind I think you should change it. I’ve been around long enough to know that a certain percentage of the population are ignorant
a-----es but this has me floored.

2 Likes

That is the strangest thing I have read all day. What the heck? I am sorry people are acting that way.

2 Likes

That must have been really hurtful… However. I’d stand on principals, and would not change my name. You’ve done nothing wrong, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your nursery name! Honestly, you could change it to “the sky is blue nursery” and there will still be someone somewhere who could find something wrong with it. With age has come acceptance of the fact that you can’t please everyone, and you shouldn’t try to. Our society has turned into a bunch of bullies mostly due to being anonymous on the net. It needs to stop! I hope you find some peace in whatever you decide to do. Hugs ~

1 Like

Too many people have currently lost their minds and take offense at everything. For your safety I think you should change it.

1 Like