Savannah Jean has hair❤️ New pics!

5 Likes

I love her! You did such a great job on her and I love the chef hat!

1 Like

A www to cute!

1 Like

Oh My! She is absolutely Precious! Great Job! :smiley:

1 Like

I love her hair. Her outfit is darling too. Cute sculpt.

1 Like

Awwww thank you Sandy!!!

What size needle are you using? You might try one size bigger to prevent breaking them. I like the 40 gauge 3 barb. I never break those. Just insert them in the needle holder so that about 3/4 inch is sticking out. I use the precut ones from BB that are about 1 1/2 in. long. I have used the longer ones (about 3 in.) and I had trouble with those breaking. If the hair looks clumpy, spread the hair out thinner when rooting and you can also pull some out with tweezers in the places where too much hair goes in. I can root most dolls in about 6 hrs.

1 Like

I was wondering why the needles stuck so far out of the holder!!! I had no idea they had shorter ones!!! Thank you for the advice!!! :smiley::heart:

They have holders for cut and uncut needs, uncut one I got from Sandies, or wrap a piece of foam and Tennessee Crome around top for comfort no hold needed wa LA !

I have like 20 holders. But the needles stick out sooooo far. All I had were uncut needles so I was using them with no holder. I need to get the uncut I think!

1 Like

Yep. Same as me.

@Rnd210

Me too. I would love to learn how to paint the hair. I’ve tried on practice heads a little bit but not too happy with the results. Any tips? Do you use a paint brush or the brow pencils? I’ve seen some of you do an amazing job with it! I did get one of the fan brushes but it didn’t work too well. It did help to use the brush and then go over it with a brow pencil. Tips anyone?

Thank you, I love Savannah Jean better bald without the wig. I am so glad I adopted her.

1 Like

Me? I don’t paint hair. I’ve only done it once for a playdoll. I used Prisma Pencils and sealed it with GHSP

Me too!!!:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️:heart:️

1 Like

She is really cute.

2 Likes