REBORN DOLLS - BEWARE - Scammer site stealing photos, CALL TO ACTION, new sites are opening and using different artist photos

Hi we are new to the reborn doll thing and my daughter really likes these dolls and she wants one for her birthday. Does anyone know of a legit site that sells them?

2 Likes

Literally only reborns.com and artdollery.com besides artists’ personal websites. That’s it.

4 Likes

The kits are twin a and twin b sculpted by Bonnie Brown. And realborn Darren asleep

3 Likes

You can filter for them by name on reborns.com

3 Likes

Reborns.com and artdollery.com are the only two legitimate websites for real reborns outside personal artist websites.
The sculpts shown are twin a and b by Bonnie Brown and Realborn Darren Asleep.
All three are really vinyl not silicone

1 Like

I sell on Etsy and I’m legit. Lol

3 Likes

Fyi. Artists on Etsy are legit. I would appreciate if people would not discount Etsy. Its tough enough getting sales without the false idea that Etsy sellers are all scammers.

4 Likes

Right and also people list on eBay. But apparently it’s extremely hard for people to do any research. And the sites I listed are reborns/ dolls only sites like the scam sites all look like.

2 Likes

Etsy has reviews left by customers. If I wanted to scam someone I can’t do it on Etsy. My shop would be shut down after the first negative review.

1 Like

Legit artists use with Etsy and eBay. I bought my first reborn from eBay and have listed there. That’s not the issue. For Reborn/doll specific sites those are the only two that could be mixed up or confused with the blatant scammer sites.

2 Likes

I disagree. Etsy and eBay are clearly not the same as the mass launched scammer sites. I refuse to pay 20$ to reborns when I sell better on Etsy.

1 Like

No one is saying you have to I’m saying for reborn/doll specific sites those two ( artdollery and reborns.com ) are the two legit sites that could be confused with the scam sites. eBay and Etsy are different and wouldn’t be in the same category.

1 Like

That’s not what you said. You stated that every site but those 2 are scam sites unless its an artists website.

That’s not the case.

2 Likes

Doll specific site. That would have cleared it up faster. We are saying the same thing. Have a good evening.

2 Likes

I was browsing eBay last night and found a listing for fake reborn. It was the Saskia sculpt and shipped from Hong Kong. So you definitely need to be careful on Ebay, too.

3 Likes

Ebay is full of scams. It is so sad.

these scams (on my list) are on social media, ebay, pinterest, sponsored ads on phone apps, and pinterest, etc :frowning:

It is up to the buyer to research.

3 Likes

I’m a genuine reborn artists and I sell most of my babies on eBay, and have for years. There are still real reborn artists on eBay. You have to research artists on there, and it helps if they have a Facebook page that shows their work. Also, I am willing to sell my babies on Facebook.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I didn’t know this forum existed, I saw on FB a lovely baby doll, so I clicked on it and got on to their website, and saw some beautiful baby reborn dolls. After scouring around on it, I decided to purchase one. That was on 11th Feb this year, I received an email, thanking me for my order and was told that it would be with me soon. I calculated that to be about 7 weeks altogether, we are on the 23rd May, with emails every couple of weeks, I still haven’t received my doll. The company was Vandmart.com. I could still look at the dolls on their website, until yesterday when I thought I would have a look…guess what? They have disappeard, I put in the website and its now for a massager tool. So I googled them and your post about Scamming Reborn sites. I was mortified, so since I received an email from them telling me I could cancel the order and get a full refund, I did just that. But thats not all, I ordered another doll from another company after my first order, and I was delighted that within about 7 weeks after ordering, my delivery was on its way. I had ordered 22" Little Jeremy Reborn, what I received was a 10" doll, with a little white hat, all in one vest and socks on. I have seen it yesterday on Amazon sold as a twin set. So I emailed them and they told me to keep the doll and they would send me $10, I said no way, after a week of negotiating, they finally said they would give me a full refund of $75.00 which I gladly accepted. They FINALLY gave me their address in China, and I sent it with the tracking details. Then they told me they gave me the wrong address, I said that’s your tough luck. It got there by 9th April, by 29th April they told me they have sent me the refund to my bank. As I checked 2 days ago, no refund still. So I emailed them and they haven’t replied. Surprise surprise. So now I have to wait and see what happens. Sadly it has cost me money, but on seeing your list of never ending companies in China ripping people off. It’s disgusting. Keep up the good work with what your doing, showing these companies for what they are, money grabbing b******s. With no morals or scruples, just a quick way to rip people off. I know you must be thinking, how can I be so stupid to be scammed, I’m human same as everyone else, and we make mistakes, the reason we get pulled in with this rubbish, is it looks so real…as they say “If it looks to good to be true, then it probably is” Sorry the second company is Beawety. Both are on your list, thank you for what your doing, it maybe too late for me, with these goods, but if anyone checks it out after trying to order through FB then this site will come up.

5 Likes

File a chargeback with your bank or credit card company. The company won’t cancel your order nor refund. :frowning:

3 Likes