New Realborn body

JoAnns Fabrics has sewing classes. If they’re close, you can take one there. Thankfully, my mom started me sewing when I was about 10 yrs old. I was addicted to it in my teen years and made just about all my clothes.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip!!! I don’t have a Joanna’s by me:-(

Oh, nooo! My hubby wishes we didn’t have one so close. :wink:

2 Likes

Amy, I just used your tutorial to modify the body. I just completed my 2nd baby, Jesse. I LOVE the way it changed her. Thank you for sharing, even though it was a while back. It sure helped me. I’m going to take my Riley apart so I can adjust her body, too.

3 Likes

Yea, I’m so glad it worked for you! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Bump, Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I purchased a couple of the jointed Realborn bodies. I must be doing something wrong because after I have the doll all together and pick it up, the legs turn all kinds of funny ways!! I have had a couple of potential customers tell me that they LOVE my babies but the legs do not hang right. You have to continuously turn the legs to face the correct way. I personally do NOT like the jointed bodies.

That’s normal for jointed legs which is why I don’t use them. I always put 3/4 legs on bodies made for front-loading legs so they’re more natural.

4 Likes

Thanks AmyR777 ! The unjointed Realborn body that I saw to buy was too small. So, I guess I need to reorder all of my bodies. Ugh!

1 Like

I prefer the jointed one - far easier to pose!

That can happen if the joints are too loose. Try tightening them by squeezing them together on both sides. Sometimes I have to use pliers. Oops. Didn’t realize how old this post is but it might still be useful to someone so I’ll leave it.

1 Like

That web site is not longer working. I also emailed her a month ago with no response. I really want to buy the patterns.

I realize this is old but @pschomaker if you find her patterns let me know!

I bought her patterns on ebay, you can also have her site there too. Great patterns !

1 Like

Bump @jeanhai please help me with tightening the joints. I’ve tried with pliers ect and I can’t do it. The limbs are still flopping everywhere. ty!! :hugs:

Edited to add it’s the 3/4 limb 16" body for anna

Did you squeeze the pliers in the middle of the disk?

I will try again next time…she’s all assembled. :slight_smile: