My new workspace!

I have been dying to get it moved it for like 2 months! It is giving me so much motivation!

2 Likes

Thanks!

They were a little sad to see it go, but it will get used just as much!

That’s a beautiful piece of family history. You are a lucky girl to have room in your house for it. Lots of gorgeous pieces of old furniture are just too large to use in today’s houses. You are going to love having everything in one place, and it looks like it even has a lock to secure it when you are not working…a really good thing if you have little fingers and paws in your house!
I do my painting on an old marble topped table that belonged to my grandparents. My grandfather’s favorite chair was next to it and I’ve got so many memories of him sitting there that I sometimes feel like he may be sitting next to me when I work. Family furniture can be really special!
I’m not sure, but the wood the desk is made of looks a lot like oak to me. Kinda hard to tell with just a photo, but if I had to guess that would be mine.

1 Like

I’m sure it will help them to know that it is loved and appreciated and not hauled off to the dump.

1 Like

I love marble!!! And the chair seems really special. What a perfect place for it. We definitely welcome all old things into our house. People are always surprised that we like these things being in our thirties. The desk does feel really special! They bought it secondhand and they were very poor at the time. His grandma did all the bookkeeping at this desk for 50 years.
Luckily the little kiddo can’t even see over the desk. (Yet). The big one is very respectful for being 4. The pup has to be supervised constantly. She’s full of it.
The desk smells strongly of wood burning stove, which is charming, but I have placed baby powder scent in all the drawers and am sure it will air out over time. I just don’t want diapers, etc. to smell.
The stain is the same as our oak woodwork, but the wood grain seems a little different. I thought oak too. We have oak downstairs and pine upstairs.

1 Like

Beautiful work space.

I’m intrigued by your style in general. If you ever feel like posting pics of your bedroom, I would love to see it. Victorian Goth sounds just like my middle child. :grin:

What a beautiful desk !

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! We are in the process of looking for a headboard for our new king bed- once we get one I may post a pic. :slight_smile: I am the middle child too! I like rich dark colors and leopard prints/fur. But I also like stark white walls with dark furniture and decor!
I don’t always go goth- sometimes I just like something different and go with it. This is my china cabinet that used to be burgundy inside. I repainted and papered it last winter. It’s in the room with my desk :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Those two babies looks gorgeous and SO REAL! :rofl:

1 Like

We don’t have his chair but I still remember him sitting in it next to the table. Just sort of seems like it’s still there sometimes. The stories some of these old pieces could tell if they could only talk!

1 Like

I love it! Its beautiful and spacious!:heart_eyes:

Thank you! I’ve still got 3 drawers to fill :slightly_smiling_face:

Ooooooo I love it!!!

@Alypants, try wax paper

Absolutely gorgeous!!! And perfect for all the little bits and pieces this damn craft requires!!! Love your milk glass, I collect and use it too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: