Letting go of kits

One of the attorneys I worked for told me that if a person really has anything they want someone(s) to have, the best thing is to give it to them before you pass. Of course, with reborning it presents a problem. It is not like something you just have and want to give to someone special. We want to make them as long as we can. I do think the next best thing would be to have someone designated to come on this forum and offer them all for sale. Even if they did not get the worth of the kit, it would be great just knowing that someone who knows what to do with them would have them.

3 Likes

I am thinking I have more kits than I will ever paint and I need to downsize my stash. I am contemplating selling off some that I have that aren’t really my favorites. Maybe for every 5 I sell I can get 1 I love to keep. That way I will only paint the ones I really love. I know I am rambling on but I am trying to convince myself that it is a good idea! :rofl:

2 Likes

From now on, when I get a new kit, I’m going to store it with the invoice in the bag. That way the identity and value of the kit will be readily available. I’ll also put in a note where they’ll be most likely to sell. It’s a good thing I’ll be gone at that time because my family would kill me if they knew how much money I’ve spent on kits. lol

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how many kits I’d have to sell to buy a partial silicone and the supplies to paint it myself. But then, I’m back to square one. I’d have to decide who to let go of. Maybe I’ll just paint faster and sell more finished babies to get a silicone kit. I want one sooo bad.

2 Likes

That would be amazing. I have a small boo boo baby I bought wanting to try and paint it but haven’t gotten the nerve to do it. I would love a newborn size but cant see it happening any time soon.

You can get a practice silicone face from irresistables.com and I think MacPherson’s has one, too. Irresistables has a trial set of silicone paints but they cost $99.99.

1 Like

Good plan! Start listing :wink:

1 Like

I have done a first sort and pick out a few to start with I will be listing some soon.

2 Likes