Let's Show our Work, or WIP!

And THEN THERE WERE THREE! My customer decided that she wanted Keely Stasney instead of Sandy, so I got her caught up to the other 2 babies! I have never painted 3 at one time and the thought of 30 fingernails and 30 toe nails is discouraging to me!! (Bad lighting!)

25 Likes

This is Ariella by Reva Schick. Let me warn you this doll has the hardest head. I bet I broke 12 needles. When I was just becoming aware of reborn dolls, the second one I bought was Ariella. I later sold her and always regretted it. I have wanted to replace her ever since.

19 Likes

Done finally , done at last born today my little Luli with eyes and not doomed to wear black glasses for ever and ever .

26 Likes

I know that feeling @Pia, I did five at once and all those nails were a job

1 Like

I can’t even imagine 5!! I managed to blush to the knuckle on the hands and the toes on all 3 kits and it took HOURS! Looks like Dominic’s vinyl is not taking color like the other 3 and he is pale. Not trying to achieve the same skin tone for all 3, but he needs a bit of enhancement. Strangely, Dominic and Keely are both poured by Joy Dolls, but the vinyl sure is behaving differently.

17 Likes

My little AA Presley Asleep. Shading, creases and junk still left, but I’m happy! First AA cutie. :heartpulse::heartpulse:

25 Likes

Looking very smooth and a great color!

1 Like

Thank you, Pia! It seems like each layer is getting smoother, thank goodness! I was pouncing like a madwoman the first couple because I was scared! Lol

3 Likes

Yes, it amazes me how the vinyl between kits takes a different tone

@Miss_Kitty I cracked up at your comment because I can imagine you pouncing like a madwoman, :joy:

1 Like

The demon pouncer of Fleet Street!

1 Like

I decided to go with a darker skin tone for Emma. Not sure what to do with her eyebrows tho. This is only my third baby so I’m still learning as I go. I paint them right? She might have been and overkill because I did layer after layer after layer! I have 2 creole grandchildren so I

wAs shooting for that skin tone

26 Likes

Nice!

Beautiful skin tone. Especially since it’s only your 3rd baby. You can paint her eyebrows or use Prisma pencils. The penciled ones have to be baked. I paint mine because I use air dry. Will you root hair, paint or leave her bald? Were your other two ethnic? Please post pictures when she’s done.

Thank you. No the other two were lighter skin tone Do people usually root eyebrows. I’m planning on rooting hair after I practice on a practice doll

Most artist’s paint or pencil eyebrows because beautifully rooted brows are difficult and many times ruin the look of the baby in my humble opinion. Practice painted eyebrows on that practice head too. Painting them is also a challenge.

1 Like

I will. I do art work as well so hopefully it will be close to that sort of process. Ha for some reason I see rooted eyebrows being thick and burly like my husbands. Eek lol

1 Like

I don’t find them too hard after I actually start them. I always have the feeling of panic right before I stick the rooting needle in but if you keep your needle as flat as possible it isn’t too hard. do a middle row thinly and then directionally root a top row to blend with the middle and then go back and bring a bottom row directionally rooted to meet the middle row. Did that make sense? lol You could always practice on your practice head.

18 Likes

You may not like mine though. They make me happy. lol

1 Like

Wow they look great. Not that it didn’t make since but I have to see it done to get it haha otherwise they will look like my husbands dads eyebrows lol

1 Like