Let’s Show our Work, or WIP! Part 2

WIP Kenzie by Sandy Faber
(just propped on body and limbs)

24 Likes

She’s so stinking cute! You’re the toddler expert. What do you think of this kit in comparison to the other toddler kits?

1 Like

Thank you, @NancyW. I just finished altering an adult wig for her giant head, so let’s see what she’s looking like next week. :smile:

Kenzie is a cutie.:blush:

17 Likes

she is really really small! I bought the Reva Schick 26" limbs and body for her head. the original limbs, well, the hands are almost as large as her head!! LOL… love the face though<3
here is a quick pic of her, WITH the original arm aside of her

15 Likes

thank you! there is a toddler artist from Norway,became friends with her on FB, who uses all wigs.She makes the cutest kids w/ wigs, I think she modifies and trims them too, so they look less “wiggy”

6 Likes

You are about to have another friend here who does the same. :rofl: I just don’t like rooting and can’t make myself like it, so that’s the end of it for me. Wigs or painted hair. The only problem is I couldn’t find a decent selection of wigs small enough. Wish I could because altering this wig was a pain. :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you all! I think that he will turn out ok. I do wish I had offered him as a partial custom (cusomer chooses hair color and length). I just learned about this marketing strategy from @DollyPardon. I am going to do this for my next baby, Joseph Awake, and see what happens :smiley:

3 Likes

I wish I could help on the wigs, I do know her’s are not human hair but monofiliment, I think it is called??? Really, they are darling, and not “puffy” (like a 50 year old lady’s wig, KWIM??) Hers all look like childrens hair, so cute!!

2 Likes

if you offer custom orders, AND control the process, you will be busy 7 days a week, and not stressed out. I find it a lot less stressful than offering ready mades, JMO… and BOL to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Big, beautiful, baby girl. :heart_eyes:

Cut the corner off of a sandwich bag and put the mohair in the bottom of the bag with the rooting end sticking out of the cut off corner. Then roll the bag and tape it. It keeps the hair from falling out and is so much easier.

7 Likes

She is a cutie but you are right, that original arm is huge

1 Like

I can’t deliver full customs with any regularity, so I don’t take them on and I definitely don’t need to be busier, per se. I do want to sell the ones that I make so that I can continue to make them as a hobby only. I am a middle school teacher and I have four kids. I can’t really handle being busier, LOL. I am interested in making better sales with the dolls that I do have, so thank you for your insights :slight_smile:

What do you mean by controlling the process? Are you referring to the number of custom orders you take or is there more to it than that? Do you have a website where anyone that is interested can fill out a form? Do you make a listing with a sample baby and offer a custom? I was thinking of listing a fully painted baby that is not finished and allowing customers to purchase a customization package. Does this sound like something that would work?

Someone else gave me that little tip and it works so well I thought I’d pass it on. :blush:

1 Like

OMG, sounds like you have a lot on your plate!!! I def wouldn’t want more work if I were you, that made me tired reading it LOL
I just mean, for me, JMO, it works best to control what buyers can order… like they choose from kits I like only, , hair, German glass eyes only, they choose color, and gender. Hasn’t been a problem, cause they are usually ordering one like I made before, BUT I won’t make anything I don’t personally like, again, JMO
I like your idea , for you, of letting them choose the ending, as busy as you are, that sounds perfect… and BOL <3

3 Likes

Getting there.

Indirect and direct lighting.

23 Likes

She is one of my faves, she makes me happy every time I see her! You are doing an amazing job painting her!

She is beautiful, can’t wait to see her all done

1 Like

Looking great!

1 Like

Thank you! Trying not to overpaint her but be sure she looks done. :smiley: