Jezebel Mrofka update

I am hoping once they are painted they will look better. Lack of creases (which I did not even notice) does not bother me either and I love the face. Just wish the hand were less fused.

2 Likes

Coming back to add I do love the face and after thinking about it the very low number of the edition is a big plus so I think we will all be ok with selling ours.

Would anyone be able to share pictures of the hands/feet?

1 Like

Let me go pull mine out it is still in the box on my work table.

After taking a better look I think she will be fine when painted. I see no problem with the creases. I just love her face!

4 Likes

More

4 Likes

I am still disappointed in the hands/feet. I personally feel the bottom of the feet are detailed like an older reborn kit, and the webbed fingers/flat open hand are just disappointing :frowning:
And I say this very affectionately as I love Shelia Mrofka, and i absolutely love Jezebels face…i only wish there were as much detail and realism put in to the limbs. I somehow managed to score kit #3!

3 Likes

I would prefer the hand not be webbed for sure. I don’t like a lot of creases like slits all over the place. However, I am spoiled to the wrinkling effect that we get from artists like Bonnie Brown and others. I agree they are lacking in that. I think that is what is missing. Wrinkling which has become very popular now but not every artist sculpts that way. I was looking at pics of my Mireya and she has better looking feet but she is silicone so details look better there.

2 Likes

Can you only imagine if BB had sculpted her limbs😲
I’m not worried about selling her… that face will definitely sell!

1 Like

I think she fine, I love her little face, it’s so cute. Thinking back some years ago, most all of the dolls fingers were stuck together like that. You just had to darken the in-betweens. Personally, I don’t like an Overabundance of creases, you can definitely get too many on a baby in my opinion. She will be adorable when finished.

2 Likes

I dislike the amount of creases on some dolls (mainly realborns) but find some kits lacking(some older sculpted kits). I guess I like the ‘skin fold’ creases but not the tiny micro wrinkles. I don’t think her hands are too bad (but I’ve been painting super old kits lately so maybe I’m used to webbing).

I think she will sell well to collectors, maybe just not to people new to reborns. I find that they like the less expressive sleepers

1 Like

I would be disappointed too, especially because the clay version looked like it had much more detailed limbs and the fingers weren’t webbed. I agree with you, when you have such a detailed face I want limbs that match the level of realism :heart:

2 Likes

I too thought that the clay version was much better. There was a day when sculpters would not have accepted that on that basis but now days I think they are just so glad to get it poured in vinyl with the factories running slow at times. So they just take what they get. Vinyl quality overall seems to have declined IMO.

3 Likes