How do you get this effect?

Yes! I like it! It’s really peachy lol or a nice soft pink! I think @ABC1234 uses the peach a lot!

2 Likes

this is awesome info @DDDolly!! I immediately ordered everything you mentioned except the soft touch sealer and the tile and glass sealer? What brand are those? I’ve been wanting to use some powders but was unsure of the Coastal Powders. To me, its confusing how you seal them. I trust your judgement on the brand of powders. You sound like the lady who can offer wise counsel :slight_smile: Thank you for being so giving with your information! I cant wait to try them out as I struggle with blushing. Mine always comes off as being kinda orangy? I’m always trying to get that purplish pinky red color but fall short. And I end up buffing soooo much that the vinyl gets shiny ughh!

So Thanks! And BIG HUGS!

3 Likes

OF COURSE I FINALLY JUST BOUGHT AND RECIEVED THE COSTAL SCENTS​:weary::weary::weary: I fought this for a year finally did it and then @DDDolly fab info! Dammit Deb!! Lololol now I need these!!! They look amazing!!! Well, I’ll be adding my brand new never used costal palette to the traveling box when it gets here! Maybe someone will use it on their eyes! :grinning:

3 Likes

dont feel bad lol…i ALMOST did the same thing as you…had my cart ready for purchase and then thank the Lord I read this thread and immediately did a 180 HAHA!

3 Likes

Pan Pastels seem really expensive lol! Here’s an idea, not sure if it’ll work though: go to an art store and buy a pack of quality soft pastels, and some empty containers. Then scrape the soft pastels into powder with an exacto knife. That’s what I did when I was experimenting and it seemed to work. Soft pastels are essentially pure pigment, but in chalk/stick form. They turn into powder really easy.

1 Like

I wonder!!! Do they have a ton of colors??? @izzy

Yes, every color of the rainbow lol!

1 Like

I need to go look!!! I’m going g to try this!!!

2 Likes

These are the ones I have. Love them! Got them at Hobby Lobby but Amazon has them too. You get a lot more powder than you’d think! They seem to work fine for me, not sure if they’re the same thing as Pan Pastels though.

3 Likes

I wonder!!! Maybe @DDDolly would know?

1 Like

Can I ask you what your spray over the pan pastels to “seal” them?

Thanks,
Laurie

2 Likes

Deb… I’m going with these pan pastels! !! As my hubby always says in a voice he thinks sounds like mine " just another hundred honey" Lololol I don’t actually SAY that… Lolololol
But… These are next on my list! I actually do say " just another sale please! " :wink::wink::wink::wink: its always that one! And then poof… Then again… And again… There is always something more to add to our collection of supplies! But it’s so fun to learn and try new things! THAT IS WHY I’m addicted to this art! Even more so than the baby clothes and sculpts! :grinning::heart:

4 Likes

I will! But… I will have to wait until the pan pastels are ordered! Stupid coastal scents! Lololol I’m glad I didn’t use them!!! You saved many a dolls life! :wink::grinning::heart:

1 Like

What do you use to seal these powders if you’re using GHSP?

2 Likes

I think I read that a very thin coat of matte varnish is used. :thinking:

Thanks! I looked these up and they’re a little cheaper at Jerry’s.

2 Likes

@ABC1234, i tried the same thing… but when wet, beautiful, when it dried, awfull…clothers en very dirty looking… tried to thin it with thinning medium, but then it disappeared when dried… how should i do it?