Genesis Paint Not Curing

I had nearly finished painting my Mia when I realized the paint wasn’t curing. I went over her with thinner and after removing the uncured paint, what was left was an earthy brown tone. I made it work by making her biracial. I also did this with my Madison. Not ideal, but I preferred it over stripping. I’m not sure what will happen if you go over a complete baby with thinner. You may be surprised about what comes off, or it may be trapped under the varnish, only to cause problems later. I’m sorry this has happened to you too. Keep us updated!

5 Likes

I’ll check Blessing in the morning

3 Likes

Are new batches of paint good? I really need some colors but have been afraid to order.

No I wouldn’t say for sure they are good. It’s really a crap shoot. I have gotten one good Pyrolle red after my bad one and Amanda got more ultramarine blues to replace her others and they still didn’t cure.

4 Likes

I ordered phthalo blue 02 and 01 to substitute for my ultramarine when I’m painting. Both are curing for me, I couldn’t get the ultramarine to cure. Then the lovely @PutABonnetOnIt sent me a jar of her ultramarine blue.

5 Likes

@Alypants and @quiltsabunch thank you. This is so frustrating. I don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

Did you just bought the paint after ‘covid’ or they are the same jars that you used since you started?
I think you would see/realize that paint is not curing.

I used newer ones (sold my RebornFX to a girl and did partial trade of Genesis starter kit she bought)

1 Like

BB does not have the all the colors I need so I am wondering has anyone purchased quinacridone magenta 06, pyrrole red 05, and raw umber lately and it been fine? If so where did you buy it?

No, my magenta 06 was one of my bad ones from a dolls by sandie. The darker shade of magenta I bought was bad too.

3 Likes

I was afraid of that :frowning: Did you get a refund? I am betting she is still selling from the same batch. I know that it is not a lot of money if I buy the small one, but I am working around a huge air bubble inside the head of a doll and other little things- just kind of weary of paying more and absorbing the loss to deal with issues.

1 Like

No, I tagged her here and got no response. Since I bought the small one I just cut my losses. I was really wanting to try that color :confused:

1 Like

Maybe I will order from Honeybuns. I will update here if mine cures.

5 Likes

I haven’t really wanted to paint any more babies for now. I am too afraid of paint not curing or ordering more paint not to cure… I did purchase a sale kit to experiment on…

4 Likes

Does your paint stay on if you just use a Q-tip with water?

1 Like

Posted this morning on Facebook!’

8 Likes

Omg. That’s going to cause a shortage! Do you think that means they probably were trying to produce their paint with a different ingredient?

7 Likes

No surprising at all :sweat:

6 Likes

Wow! Hopefully it won’t take that long. Glad they’re going to get it fixed!

3 Likes

I am actually relieved that they are admitting there is a supply problem. This may cause the dealers to accept that there is/was a problem.

10 Likes