Feel like complaining to somebody,

I would call again, and ask for a postage label. I’ll bet they will email one, or tell you to keep the kit. Sometimes employees get in trouble if they offer, but can do it… If you ask. Good luck! Trying calling back and let us know how it goes!:smiley:

1 Like

Ludmila, I actually agree with you. I think they should have paid the shipping, but I at least will be able to get a kit I can work with so that’s good. I sent good clear photos and they should have accepted that. I mean what good is it going to do them to have a damaged kit back. Maybe they get something from the manufacturer, I don’t know. I think its policy with this store to not give refunds, but I didn’t argue to hard. I was just glad the forum ladies convinced me to do something about it even though I had begun to reborn the kit.

2 Likes

Lot of businesses have “no refund” policy but if that is against your consumer laws (I assume yours are the same or at least similar to ours) than they have to refund. I buy my Linde’s dolls directly from DOLLSPOINT from Gustav Adolf Dietz, who I believe manufactures the kits. When I had a serious problem with Lisa, they replaced the head plus gave me 20 euros credit for my next order. Photos of the problem, together with detailed description of what happened, were enough. They were very helpful and apologetic. If you bought your kit from an agent in US, I am sure that the manufacturer will recompense them. I guess at least the postage within US is not going to be as much as sending it O/S.

As far as the limbs that are not open, that does not worry me. I just cut slits in them, and they are then so much more easy to seal once stuffed. but cut before you bake :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great tip…I have done the same…only I cut an X in the end :smile: Also ludmila, I read that you are in Oz…where abouts are you?

Hi Lynn, Never done that one…sorry…hopefully it will be a good one for you. :smiley:

Just out of curiousity, Ludmila, what happens if you don’t cut the limbs before you bake? Do they collapse?

Lynn, are you doing Salina? I just went and looked at her. She is so cute! I think I’m afraid to try another Scherer kit right now though…

If you paid with paypal you have up to 180 days to file a claim. If there is a lump that is causing discoloration I would consider that as damaged product. If the seller does not dispute the claim paypal will refund your money. If they do dispute it paypal will determine the case if there is no resolution between the buyer and seller that can be agreed upon. I don’t know if you can file a claim now since you agreed to the store credit, but for the future you might want to consider this.

1 Like

I thought the kit was soooo cute so I just bought it and that was before I realized all this stuff about the bad colored vinyl and everything. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good product. She really is cute huh?

She should be fine. People have been doing Scherer kits for a long time. I just had a bad kit that got passed over in quality control in Germany. But look over the inside of the head for lumps. They seem innocent, but cause a discoloration on the vinyl as you paint and heat them. The vinyl color can be neutralized, but just use very, very thin coat, especially flesh tones as the vinyl seems to get powdery more easily than BB vinyl. Don’t let me make you worry. Just use my experience as a heads-up to look her over really well.

The newer Linde Scherer kits are all peach like Selina.

When you say “Peach” you don’t mean that awful brown color, do you?

Peach is usually what the BB kits are called.

It costs artist only about $10 for each vinyl kit and we pay on average about $100. It really annoys me when the kits are substandard in quality.

1 Like

I totally agree with the COST thing and receiving bad quality it’s not only annoying, it’s totally cheating your customers. JMO !!

2 Likes

Like Dolldreams peach.

2 Likes