Counterfeiters: What You Can Do About It

I wonder, does this mean they are charging $80 (the difference in price from the legitimate full priced kits) less for their “cheaper” “more affordable” knockoff reborns, then? And is $80 really that much cheaper? And I highly doubt these “artists” are really going to make the knockoffs that much more affordable because most likely greed factors in to who many of them are. They are going to want to make as much a they can, even if they have to knock off some of the price because it’s a knockoff kit. So, I think that excuse is lame and just a cover for justifying ripping off the sculptors and not caring. Where is the empathy? If the tables were turned and they created something of uniqueness and someone stole it the way they are with these kits, they would be crazy mad about it.

1 Like

1000000000000000000000% CORRECT!! :100:
If it was THEIR hard work being STOLEN they’d be the same in groups throwing a fit. But because it benefits them, they don’t care :face_vomiting:
From what I’ve seen, they aren’t much cheaper than authentic depending on kit.
The blank fakes are $30-$60 and I’ve seen em sell for $250-$500+
The prepainted fakes sell for $70-$125 and they’re selling for $200 on the low end to over $600.
Someone on Mercari has a prepainted fake Huxley up in a bundle with some clothing. Dolls been weighted but looks like no more paint work. I KNOW that prepainted kit sells for around $85. Up for $375 calling it a fantastic deal for a “real painted weighted reborn”
If someone wouldn’t walk into their neighbors driveway and steal their car, because they want one but can’t afford it, then noone should willingly be so ok with stealing sculpts and supporting that :wastebasket:.
The simple fact is, those that KNOW they are fakes and have ZERO issue with it, have no morals or integrity. There are tonsssssss of things I want but can’t afford, doesn’t mean I go out and steal it. The entitlement in today’s world is mind boggling to me.

2 Likes

The certain someone who is causing a lot of trouble in all this is now calling anyone who disagrees “a communistic Karen.” And where do most of these knockoffs come from? Earth’s #1 most communist country. You can’t make this stuff up.

2 Likes

Well, I still have not got all the way through it. In part 2 somewhere around the eight minute mark, she starts talking about the “high profile” reborn community member sued by a Chinese company for saying that their copies were illegal. The implication was that the sculptor does not own the work because she did not do things the way this woman says it should be done. I have no clue who she is talking about, do you? She is basically warning us not to call out fakes or risk the same thing happening to us.

A reborn YouTuber recently mentioned this thing about being at risk for being sued by the Asian companies if you call them scammers or say their kits are counterfeits. She had watched this Australian person’s video, also. I’ve not heard anything about an artist being sued by the Asian companies, so I wonder what she’s talking about. To just be simply sued by them because you called them out as counterfeiters? I’m not sure how well that would actually work. Anyone can sue anyone they want to but it doesn’t mean they have a case or will win. I mean, what judge or even jury would side with known counterfeiters over the defendant who rightly calls them out for what they are? And if the sculptors cannot sue the Asian counterfeiters because international laws vary, etc., how can the counterfeiters easily sue the artists in other countries who call them out? Her video is so vague that it seems very questionable. I also wonder what her real motives may be.

3 Likes

I think some of these YouTubers have been smoking the devils lettuce :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes