Celeste Challenge questions

If the decision is up to me, that sounds great. No one has weighed in on selling them prior to or during the contest. Obviously, there should be no sharing of the links…at least here, anyway. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Agree. One time only? Next contest no posting elsewhere?

3 Likes

If the rules stay the same of no posting anywhere then this will probably be my last contest. :frowning: It’s just that I try to build up views on Facebook for each baby then I also post the link to the ad. Since there’s no real benefit to the contest, there’s no reason to limit the marketing…since making a sale is the goal.

2 Likes

I like the idea of the big surprising reveal but I totally understand if someone wants/needs to make a sale and goes ahead and does that. I think if someone lists and/or sells their challenge baby before the reveal, good for them! As long as they don’t post the link here, I’m good with that.

4 Likes

Really, this is a challenge to see what we can do with the sculpt…not really so much a contest of ‘whose the greatest artist’. I know I have said it a 1000 times but beauty IS in the eye of the beholder. What my understanding is, we are doing this to see what we can do with a sculpt that may not be your “standard beautiful to everyone baby” and a chance for us all to see the many varied, diverse looks that one sculpt can take on depending on the artist. We should never vote for friends work just because they are friends (we are all friends here) if it truly is not our choice as that really defeats the purpose of the challenge…Everyone has their own style…That is what I love most…It is one place where we can come and admire all the beautiful versions of the same kit where we may rarely. if ever. have the opportunity to see them elsewhere. I have, many times, been influenced to buy a kit that I really did not care for from photos of the prototype babies by going in and searching pictures of the kit done by others and MANY times an unknown or not so well known artist rendition of the same kit changed my mind. A perfect example of this is Irelyn…I just never, ever liked that little fella but some of the babies that were posted on this forum were just as cute a buttons - who knew he could be so cute? Mostly, it is FUN to be here with all the lovely ladies doing this. I know many are busy with ‘businesses’ (I am one of those ladies)…doing custom orders, etc where we are booked up for 3 - 4 months in advance but it is fun just to step out of the ‘business custom commitment circle’ to do these ‘just for fun’ babies! I hope to get mine in on time too but more than that, I am SO looking forward to seeing everyone’s Celeste!

4 Likes

Very well stated Starr, I agree ~ I’ve never participated in a challenge before, so this has been fun for me & Celeste, as you know, has certainly been a challenge…LOL!!! Can’t wait to see everyone’s version! I should be finished up with mine by the end of the week.

2 Likes

I agree, this is my first challenge and I understood that we were not to post and pics. I think it would have been a good idea for the people whom did post pics elsewhere to have asked before doing so…Since what;s done is done I would be willing to accept the entries this time without a problem. In the future after the competition we can post anywhere we want to in effort to sell, correct? I would hate to see anyone not to be able to participate due to a misunderstanding!
DebbieG

I wish someone would make the challenge rules sticky…

I am willing to say that I bet the rules will become very stickey(LoL) after this challenge. If there are any questions or concerns we better think of them before the hard rules come out!
DebbieG

1 Like