Would this be frowned upon?

So I’ve been in search of a particular kit for a couple of months and the only one I’ve actually found, willing to be sold was already painted and rooted (by a preschooler from the looks of it), and the girl was asking a ridiculous price for it to be shipped from the UK. I figure I’ve got nothing to lose, by maybe contacting the original sculptor to see if she has any kits or knows where one can be found. Being new to the hobby and not knowing, my question is would that be something people (sculptors) frown upon, people contacting them directly looking for kits?

Seriously if I didn’t want this kit so desperately bad I wouldn’t even think about doing this, but not being able to find one is driving me nuts.

4 Likes

Which kit are you wanting?

1 Like

Some artists sell kits directly. Availability could be an issue if it is a SOLE. I’m sure one of us could help if you tell us what kit it is.

3 Likes

No Laughing…but I’m still desperately trying to find Lola the Chimp by Lori Nicolls
I’m obsessed with her :pensive:

3 Likes

I once commented on a post about Laura Lee Easgles Aurora Sky (who I would mug you for at this point, come on just hand over the doll kit!) I commented that I would just love to reborn her and laura herself commented she had some on her website for sale. I was surprised but thought it was really nice of her :smiley: No, I don’t have funds for her yet -Hoping by April and she is not sold out

4 Likes

People do this all the time I’m sure. Go ahead and contact the artist.

1 Like

I’d say go ahead and contact her also, I don’t see anything wrong with asking.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with asking, in my opinion!! The worst she can do is say no! :wink: I hope you find her…I know how badly you’ve been wanting her! That’s how I feel about Lizzy and Fridolin (especially Fridolin).

2 Likes

I felt that way about "Romeo’ by N Blick. Thankfully I found one and at a reasonable price. Yet to be reborn. It was Cherie’s little blessings ‘Romeo’ that got me hooked. I love her work. Check him out.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I think I’ve found a blog page that belongs to Lori Nicolls, and a facebook page (that I’m not sure if it’s her or someone else with the same name). I just want to make sure I’m not emailing some random person and they think I’m bonkers asking about a chimp lol.