WIP second reborn

Hello all! I am very new to reborning. I have a lot to learn, but I am enjoying this new hobby so much-- the challenge of it all; learning through trial and error.

I am using acrylics. I thought I was very familiar with how acrylics behave, as I paint on canvas all the time. It is a totally different experience painting these dolls though!

I have been learning so much reading through all the posts on here! Thank you for sharing all your great tips and feedback on each other’s work! I have learned so much from this forum-- probably learned as much on here as from the YouTube tutorials.

This photo was taken with my cell phone- so not very clear. The doll is not yet put together- just “propped it” to give me a better idea how it is coming along.

I appreciate all feedback and am very open to any critiquing. If you have any tips for how to improve on this one, or any general tips, I appreciate them so much! I realize I have much to learn still, so suggestions are a help.
I still have eyelashes and eyebrows, securing the eyes, and fingernails and other touch-ups to do. I think I will leave him bald-- but we will see.
I cannot wait to stuff him, weight him, bring him more fully “to life”.

17 Likes

How cute he is!!

1 Like

Wow he looks really great for your second baby!! I would love to see more pictures, he is just precious. I love the tone you got on his face!

1 Like

4 Likes

Thanks!
I had more veining but it disappeared when I added layers. So I will have to learn to either not paint so many layers, or do the veining later on in the process. :blush:

It doesn’t look like it , but there are so many layers- blues, greens, reds, yellows…etc. I probably layered too much.

That kit was also my second reborn. :+1::smiley:

1 Like

He looks great! I tend to do viening twice. Once near the beginning and then near the end to make them show up more.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Looks great! And, welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome. He’s super cute!

1 Like

Welcome! Nice baby!

1 Like