WIP kameko

I have been using B43 single barb needle with the mushroom tool. I like the way it roots , but it is slow slow slow making sure you have it in the right position.
The light bulb went off try that pink pen you ordered along time ago ( and could not get to work) miracle works awesome with the 43 single barb. Of course I figured this out over half way through Kameko’s head. Any way point is this combination is working great for me. :heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::heart:
Still needs hair cut and some detail.

14 Likes

Is your pink pen like the clover brand felting pen that holds the 3 needles?

1 Like

Yes it is and the only needle I have found it works with is the 43 single barb. I only use one needle.

1 Like

I was going to buy one of those at Fabric USA by my house. They had the pink clover one and another stubby orange colored one on clearance. It said the pink one held 3 needles and the orange one I believe was 5 or 7 needles, and both claimed to hold uncut forked needles. Is it comfortable in the hand?

1 Like

I use the pink felting pen. I wrap all my fingers around it and root away. It’s quite comfortable.

2 Likes

I should probably go back to the fabric store to see if they still carry them, that was more than a month ago when I saw them on clearance. I checked online and see them on several sites, so if I can’t find them in the store not I’ll order one online. I’ve never used any rooting tool, but seems like that style might be more comfortable then the larger mushroom type…idk.

1 Like

That’s a beautiful rooting job x

I recently switched to the pink felting pen and I wish I’d done it ages ago. It’s very comfortable to hold and my hands no longer cramp up like they used to, which is great for my arthritis :grinning:

1 Like

Nicely done! You are doing great!

1 Like

I use mine with a 46g crown… It works great!

1 Like

Nice rooting!!! Good job!!! :heart:

1 Like

Very nice hair. It is a perfect weight and thickness for that little one. Good job. Kameko can be a, shall we say, not so pretty doll, but yours is adorable!

2 Likes

I had 46 broke them all in 30 minutes, I do plan on trying them again though.

I have had mine for awhile, but I had a lot of trouble with it at first , I guess trying to get the hang of it. Maybe the wrong needle. I do only put one needle in it though. And yes it is very comfortable in your hand. The only needle I have found I can use it with is the 43 single barb.

Lololol they only work for me in the pink pen! AND… They have to be the super strong ones from hunnybunns! :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Helen so far I am happy with everything but those dang bushy eyebrows and they are set. Have any idea what I could do with them other then stripping?

I’m going to check it out
Thank you

1 Like

I think if they are set, I would just move on. They look okay to me…a little large but some babies have a heavier brow. Just go with it and do your next baby. If you try to strip just the brows it could mess up all the nearby color and you would have to strip an already rooted head. She’s cute. Let it go.

3 Likes

Good plan that’s what I am going to do.
I need to get started on Nikkita’s baby doll so it will be ready for her by the time she gets home LOL :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Did you already tell me what sculpt you are using? I can’t remember?

2 Likes

The little Bryon he is so tiny it will be a great size for her.

1 Like