Why do some reborn kits from bountiful baby have inspected by ect?

So in the past I have brought a new first quality kit from bountiful baby but it says inspected my 83 why is this. Is this a seconds kit ?

I would guess that means the number of the person who inspected it to make sure it is first quality.

2 Likes

They inspect the kits before selling

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a funny old ad campaign about underwear and undershirts being inspected? I want to say it was Hanes or Fruit of the Loom in the 1970’s or 80’s.
Each inspector had a different number and number 86 or whatever was an old lady. Does anyone else remember this?

So an inspected by number tag just indicates to the company who checked it over before it was sent out.

I think this is supposed to help reassure the customer that a human professional looked over this manufactured product to make sure there isn’t anything wrong with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Haha I remember those commercials! It was inspector 12!

4 Likes

Yes, I recall what you’re describing. I was in high school. Wasn’t she an older lady with glasses?

Just saw the video after I posted this. LOL

They need to re-hire that lady. Hane’s, which I’ve used since the mid 80s, is no longer the quality that it was.

2 Likes

@Bec1273 Yeah, those ones! Lol

@InfantInspirations I totally agree with you about their quality, it has gone downhill.

2 Likes