Who uses blue to mottle?

I wanna try my new blue paint but I would like to see how blue mottle looks first. Specifically on Bean. Does anyone use blue for mottling?

1 Like

I sometimes do a very light blue mottle on a preemie. Just be careful, a little blue goes a long way, you can always add more. Getting rid of too much blue can be challenging.:confused::confused:

2 Likes

I always do a blue mottling, with a very faint blue, really thin.

1 Like

I always do blue mottling. I use ultramarine and some vein blue also. Not together. I use on average of 8 or so colors for mottling.

I do the same and I work on shading with the same color

1 Like

I always do a blue mottle and blue under tones.

1 Like

I do a blue mottle at the same time as my blue undertones. It adds a nice depth.

1 Like

I use blue mottles as well when I do my blue shading.

1 Like

Always. However very lightly as blue can be overbearing, it’s easier to add than take away.

1 Like

I always use blue mottling, as well as vein blue mottling.

I do a blue mottle too. It’s an undertone that just adds depth but doesn’t really show up in the end.

I do like red, then purple, then blue (but not all over). The blue is quite strong so I don’t do it everywhere. X

I do.but the shade of blue depends on the ‘age’ of the reborn that I’m going for. So for a 3 month or older the blue will be very pale but with a just born it will be more prominent

1 Like

Yes I always use very thin blue mottling along with red, purple and yellows

I do blue, red, purple, yellow and green