What to do with silicone faces?

What are people doing with their silicone faces (not a full head, just the faces) once they’ve painted them? I have sculpted a face and am considering just pouring the face in silicone instead of the entire head to practice silicone painting, but I’m wondering if anyone is doing anything creative with just the faces?

2 Likes

Do you remember the crocheted babies in a blanket with just face and hands!! I thought that would be great to do with the faces… I’m also interested in finding out other options.

1 Like

@Gabriell might have some creative ideas for this one.

1 Like

I wonder if I could do something like this…lol

4 Likes

I tried but wasn’t able to get a pattern. I may have to buya costume or a real teddy bear.
I have seen faces on a frame tho, it’s really cute !

1 Like

How would you attach the body? I wasn’t going to bother painting my practice face but I might if I can make some kind of doll out of it.

1 Like

I have a reborn face that was put onto a stuffed animal’s body. It isn’t a silicone face, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be done with a silicone.

This was named “Grayson” by Near and Far Nursery.

The original stuffy face was removed and this vinyl painted face is hot glued on. There are some weighting beads in the body as well.

Here is the artist’s picture of Grayson and the other reborn stuffies she made:

The teddy bear with freckles was the first to sell. I bought Grayson after the price had been reduced several times.

3 Likes

Good idea!

1 Like

She cut the face or use the whole head ?
I don’t think hot glue will stick long on silicone. I may try. The difficulty is that the faces are not very thick. Don’t have a lot of room for gluing or sewing.

2 Likes

It’s a vinyl face that’s been cut. The stuffy’s original face was also cut off.

I have no idea how silicone reacts to glues.

It’s wearing the original clothes from the artist, the bow around it’s neck is also glued on and helps hide the seams at the throat and face.

1 Like

There is actually a gap there that needs reglued. I can feel the edge of the cut face inside, so it’s the fabric from the stuffy head that shows around the front.

This shows the neck part is still intact.

3 Likes

I am curious about why she cut the face thought.

They are totally adorable!

1 Like

I don’t know why she made them they way she did, and they could be made in different ways too, I’m sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought it would also be a great use of a head that still had a good face, but maybe had the head destroyed with rooting holes or something.

Could be a last attempt at salvage for a practice head.

I could see someone using an entire reborn head on a costume or stuffy body, too. Maybe using a hooded costume as the body and adding 1/4 hands and feet as an alternative cuddle body. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@PutABonnetOnIt Do you have any ideas on ways silicone practice faces could be used?

@BabyFeverBoutique Could you show an example of what these faces look like? How well do they hold their form, how thin or floppy are they? Maybe that kind of info can help with brainstorming.

1 Like

I’m not who you asked but silicone can’t have things glued to it. You could try using silicone itself and hope it holds onto the cloth but I don’t how that would hold up. I can’t see sewing it on because it wouldn’t take long for thread or floss to pull all the way through it.

2 Likes

I forgot bout that, no glueing makes it much trickier. Does hardware store 100% silicone caulk adhere to it?

That stuff will adhere to platinum and tin cure. If you put it on platinum, you won’t be able to paint or matte it in platinum. That will forever change the medium you paint it with.

2 Likes

I am just thinking outside the box maybe a way to install an anchor of sorts so you could then use it on something…still mulling it over. But it sounds like you would have to know why yours was poured with correct?

2 Likes

You would have to know the silicone type. If you could create a small mold, you could add some type of armature for an anchor perhaps. You could set the anchor in when you pour the back side of the head. It wouldn’t matter what that back side looks like. It could still be flat, you would just be adding some thickness to the face to work with.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you…I will keep brainstorming and see if I can think of a way to use these premade faces everyone is learning on.

1 Like