What’s your preference?

So I’m having issues picking up to many hairs while rooting alpaca. 46 with 3 barbs are to much. I’m needing 1 Barb needle but haven’t had any luck finding any. And suggestions fellor artist?

Beside trying to pick up only 1-2 hair at a time, I don’t know. I have given up finding 46g 1 barb.

1 Like

I use 42g forked needle. I don’t know if that helps you. I only use this needle. It is what I am comfortable with.

2 Likes

I use this needle from cupid farms for my Alpaca, they have one barb, are really really durable. I’ve only broken one and went on to root two more babies with the same needle after. The barb is shallow, so it only picks up a couple of hairs, but not so shallow that it’s impossible to grab one. Also they say 40g, but don’t leave any holes or anything. She has really good quality needles, I use other ones from her for different mohairs, but this is the best one I’ve found for Alpaca :slight_smile:

1 Like

heavenly-illusions.de has 42 gauge single barb needles. They’re the black coated ones. The site is in German.

1 Like

Thanks girls! That really helps!

dollsbysandie.com has 42 gauge single barb needles.

1 Like

Bountiful Baby has 42g single barb too…

1 Like