What is wrong with people!

So I put my latest baby on a few Facebook groups, not reborn exclusive groups, just local ones and then the comments started, a few were nice but most were “scary” “that’s creepy” " very disturbing" “very strange”
Why do people have to give their negative opinion, I get reborns are not for everyone and some people don’t like them but why can’t they just scroll on!!
I ended up removing the post in that group because I got tired of explains it was art ect ect

13 Likes

Keyboard warriors.
People find it a lot easier to not “hold their tongue” online. :frowning:

13 Likes

That’s for sure!!

4 Likes

One of the men who commented actually makes pens as a hobby … And he thinks I’m strange!!

6 Likes

Plus if it’s the most realistic doll they’ve ever seen in their lives, it could be unnerving.

4 Likes

Pens. :smile: Yeah, no room to throw stones.

3 Likes

LOLOLOLOL!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Hahaha :joy: pens!

2 Likes

What they all did was wrong. My son is a Veteran and he has an etsy shop. He turns wood and makes pens as part of his shop.

6 Likes

There are beautiful hand carved pens that are just as much art as our dolls. I don’t care if people think I’m strange (and some do) because I’m doing what I love and it makes me (and other people) happy.

8 Likes

I’d like to see your son’s Etsy shop. Will you post a link?

4 Likes

Exactly!

My son used to make them in high school. I have a couple of them that he made me as gifts. They are beautiful treasures.

1 Like

True. Pens can be just as much luxury items as reborns. Everyone’s got their hobbies, fortunately they aren’t all exactly the same!

3 Likes

No doubt the man who commented on my post makes amazing pens and if he posted a picture of them I wouldn’t leave a nasty comments, I just wish others would give the same respect

4 Likes

That’s why I never post my dolls on anything but reborn forums. However, I do get the
‘creepy’ remark from some people who know what I do. I thank those people. If they were to look at one of my dolls and say ‘That’s a nice doll, some child is really going to like that’. Then I didn’t do my job well because it looks like a dolly. When they say creepy, I say ‘Thank you, then I’ve done my job well’. That also shuts them up.

6 Likes

That’s a good point, I didn’t think of it like that

1 Like

Some people don’t seem to realize that not every single thing requires an opinion from them, unfortunately. It is perfectly fine to see something you don’t like and keep on scrolling without saying a thing.
I remember negative comments coming from a couple of people in real life, which was really hurtful. At that point I decided to share my art with other doll lovers who would appreciate it with me, and here I am. I post it here and enjoy the posts of others, helping whoever I can along the way the same way artists helped me when I was new. I have not had to deal with a negative comment in years.

The pens. I chuckled to myself thinking about boring white bic pens, like how lame is that :joy::joy::joy:. But after looking at photos, I can say they are quite beautiful.

4 Likes

Pens are actually a thing. I got into them briefly. People rate them on all sorts of things. The ink flow, I forget everything now, but I ended up with a collectible and a long list of others I want.

1 Like

Here are one of my pens my son made and sent me for Mother’s Day. My favorite colors are pink and purple so this is perfect plus the top is aromatherapy. I’m a soap maker so have tons of fragrances. He doesn’t currently have the pens in his shop that this time.

15 Likes