What do you struggle with?

Pale babies is another, even trying for a pale baby I always feel there is like no color, just very flat or I’ll end up over coloring and it’s no longer that really pale baby I want

4 Likes

I got a pale baby once but I wasn’t going for pale I was going for more color now I’m going for pale and I can’t do it lol
I think I wasn’t doing washes at all just mottling. Even my flesh layers were mottled lol

2 Likes

Eyebrows for sure!!! I wipe them off so many times it’s a miracle when I finally feel I can bake

3 Likes

Looks good to me.

Have you tried the RebornFx Nail Extender?

https://discourse.bountifulbaby.com/t/nail-tips-with-reborn-fx-nail-extender

Flesh colors

1 Like

I don’t think she’s insulting you. You asked an opinion and she told you how she would feel if she would have gotten those results. You can’t grow as an artist if you don’t get feedback and obviously it’s not all going to be wonderful and fluffy. She also a deleted the post. If you aren’t aware, English isn’t her first language so she may have done that because she felt that what she was trying to convey wasn’t coming across with the words she used - but I’ll let her speak on that. @YelenaRey is always kind and courteous and I doubt very seriously if she was trying to insult you. Take the feedback in the way she meant it, to be helpful, and grow from it.

1 Like

I deleted the pic. Maybe wasnt insultive. But it came off that way to me

1 Like

Painting hair is really hard to master. You have to study a LOT of pictures of real babies hair, watch a LOT of tutorials, practice a LOT.
Than you bring your baby in public and if people don’t believe it’s not real hair, than you got it ! If not, you try again and again.

Even following tutorials is hard, everyone has is own style.

I just bought the Christine Woolley tuto and, well, it was a disaster !

That could be why they get chalky… what colors are you using? Anything with white in it tends to build up that chalky look

1 Like

Creasing for me, it’s a nightmare x

1 Like

I use flesh 02,03,04 most of the time, plus burnt umber.

Maybe try the RBY method? And darken it with the flesh colors? Use them for shading? They are all pretty dark so I would t think there would be much white to make them chalky :thinking:

1 Like

Actually sitting my butt down to paint.

3 Likes

Lol yeah that’s a tough one!! No advice for you there :rofl::rofl::rofl: in sure there are quite a few of us in that boat with ya!

Every single kit I get one step further than the last and I always mess up lol. Right now it’s eyebrows that is keeping me from finishing up my sell baby.

Next it will be eyes I’m sure… at least I’m progressing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But yes that stupid mistake at the end gets me every time

1 Like

I always go overboard when trying to fix something or make it better… To the point of no return. Then there it sits with the rest of the parts. It’s like telling a little kid, don’t touch that! I am really trying to practicie refraining that one last paint stroke. Maybe i practiced too much since I haven’t picked up a paint brush lately! :laughing::flushed:

2 Likes

We are TWINS!!! Same thing here. It’s so much easier to just start a new kit than it is to sit down and fix the damage lol

2 Likes