What are your opinions on Belly Plates?

Hi there ladies! I’m thinking about purchasing a belly/tummy plate for my reborns. I think they are cute! I was just wondering what you thought of them. Does have a belly/tummy plate make them look a little bit more realistic? is it worth the money?
Thanks,
Julie

2 Likes

I agree with Sonja. They may help you sell a doll or win a competition, but hinder cuddling.

5 Likes

Oh ok. So they are a waste of money?

Yes it does. I was thinking about buying it for a custom I’m going to have made but now that I know they’re a waste of money I might not. I would only probably use it for posing/displaying him for pictures. Thank you!
Thanks,
Julie

2 Likes

I think they help sell dolls because of the lovely poses you can do with them. They aren’t meant to stay on. They are more of a photo prop. I don’t think they are a waste of money, but I don’t think every doll needs one either.

5 Likes

They may help sell the baby but it really depends on the individual buyer and what “drew” them to your baby in the first place. I would try it at least once so you can experience it.

2 Likes

They do tend to help sell the baby in my experience…and you may find that they also will bring a bit higher price…Having said that, I personally hate them for my personal collection…hahahaha While they are cute, the full ones do limit the positioning of the baby because they don’t allow you to curl them in more natural positions and they totally distroy the 'cuddle factor… IMO :smile: Really it is down to personal choice…i do not do them unless asked these days…(but I do customs only so if I were listing on a public sales site I might re-think that - they are quite cute! :smile:)

4 Likes

They don’t do anything for me😇

1 Like

I don’t see the need. IMO it is a waste of money since it’s basically only for taking a picture here and there.

I have seen some for Marita Winters’ mini babies. Last I looked it was out of stock though… but may be on another site.

*** It is for a 10 inch, so probably too small for Caleb.
It is out on Marita’s site but tiny tots has it…
http://www.tinytotsnursery.com.au/tummy-plates-and-torsos-c-25_68/marita-winters-mini-belly-plate-p-570.html

2 Likes

I think the belly plates definitely add something when posing, but they totally kill the cuddle factor.

4 Likes

I love belly plates. :grinning: I’m not a collector just an artist but I think they make photographing more fun. It’s only for posing. It’s great if someone wants to display it.
I recommend buying the belly plate from same company. Colour matching takes a lot of time and not worth it. I like doing my Noah By Reva with Natali blick belly plates. I do at least 10 Noah’s a year! Lol customer love that face!
It’s great when a kit comes with on too, like bonnie brown her little belly plates are great the wrap around so fantastic for photos.

2 Likes

Made my mom a baby for her birthday and she loved the belly plate for tricking her friends and family. My aunt and uncle thought it was real until thy touched her. Mom had her posed on her bed. She doesn’t use it for cuddle time, I don’t think. It was worth painting the plate just for the fun she got out of it.

4 Likes