Venting time

Ok please listen to this.
I had my three Christmas babies on there for sale and someone says can I add shipping to Mexico and I packaged the doll up and weigh it and say yes, change the listing and she buys the doll.
But she asked if I can add hair before he leaves.
I saw yes for an additional cost.
She pays for it all.
I take the doll head off and root 1/3 of the doll taking up a lot of time yesterday.

Midnight there is a family emergency and she wants a refund.

So now instead of unloading him (Charles Asleep) for Christmas time for the money I’d really like to have for the holiday, I have to try to finish rooting him in one day so he can be potentially sold and shipped before Christmas.

I didn’t issue her refund yet
I told her she’s going to have to receive a refund of everything -$100 for cost of material and labor of the rooting.
I said had I not altered he doll perhaps it wouldn’t have been a problem.

But I assume she would just be able to go on PayPal and get all her money back anyways but opening a case on me.

Sorry just needed to vent.
Oh and also she sent this in the middle of the night is when I saw it, when I went to use the bathroom in the night, so this kept me up for 3 hrs stressing on it!!

Ugh!!! Thank you for listening to my lament

2 Likes

People frustrate me. Sorry this happened. Boooooo

1 Like

Don’t refund that deposit unless you didn’t notify her in advance that the deposit is NON refundable.
People with buyers remorse kill me.

3 Likes

I guess it’s buyers remorse but you know what, I should not have be put out by her changing her mind!

1 Like

Now she writes back saying “ok I’ll keep the doll
But can you have it done faster instead of next week like you told me”
And she paid in full when she first purchased the doll Sunday
Ok so here’s what I’m going to do is just re post the doll on reborns once I finish the hair and then give her a refund once it’s sold and be done with her.

Oh man. Sometimes I really don’t like people!! So selfish, with no regard for others :tired_face: I hope you have a really good day today and are able to get a good nights sleep tonight. It’s hard missing out on sleep when you have kids depending on you.

2 Likes

In my opinion after this haste I would like any of my dolls ending in this kind of people house …so I would refund her to have peace and list the doll again .

3 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Exactly! I’m sure she would never be happy with the doll and maybe even start a case.
So I am going to re list him
Ugh so aggravating
Some people don’t mind playing games with people

1 Like

Sounds like she’d just be more trouble even if you did ship. Reselling is probably the best here.

1 Like

I am the sammmme way!

1 Like

For sure! And she’s in Mexico and I’m in the US… so I could imagine all of the trouble it could be

2 Likes

I’d just refund all her money and sell the doll to someone else. It’s not worth the risk of her filing a claim.

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice— I am going to do exactly that. I will refund her in full and be finished with her.

2 Likes

I would keep something for the rooting, and refund the rest. If she tries to open PP dispute you need to say that the amount you are keeping is for the rooting, which was a special request and “custom” alteration cost are not refundable.

4 Likes

I learned not to jump for them . I say this is it take it or leave it . It’s so much job taking appart etc etc .

We all learned the hard way . Your work is really nice so somebody will buy it anyways .

1 Like

Thank you :two_hearts: