Unusual request-still looking

Hi! I became friends this past year with a woman named Tammy, who gave birth to a son named Wilber Ringo. He was born on 5-18-15 and passed on 8-16-18. He had arthrogryposis, RYRI-Central Core Disease, and chronic lung disease. His medical conditions were so unusual, his parents were told he was the only case like him in the world. He passed due to medical neglect. She went thru a lot from his conception till his passing due to his diagnoses. You can read about her journey with Wilber on the following two accounts:

Tumblr: wilbers-journey.tumblr.com
Instagram: wilbersjourney

I recently asked Tammy if she was aware of reborn dolls. She said yes and what was preventing her from getting one was the price: she was given a price of $600 to have one made that resembled her son. She is not a wealthy woman.

Her daughter is now pregnant with her first child, and it is even more difficult for Tammy to deal with.

I was wondering if anyone could create a cuddle reborn doll that resembles her son; and if so, is there a way we could work together (the artist and myself) to provide her with a doll. Does anyone do, for lack of a better word-donations-for such a cause? I can pay $200 towards the doll, or the full fee, if the artist is willing to work with me.

(Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please no negativity. I thought it would be worth the effort to ask-as my grandmother always told me, all anyone can say is “no”. My heart goes out to this woman and I want to try to help. Please be kind with your resopnses.)

5 Likes

I’d be totally happy to help out if I can! Let me know if you’re interested and we can work something out for this mama and her sweet angel :heart:

4 Likes

Here’s some photos of this sweet baby:

1 Like

Does anyone know of any kits that look simliar to this handsome boy?

This one reminds a little bit of Darren asleep, Realborn. His mouth looks kind of similar.

1 Like

How big was he? Are you wanting it to be the same size as the real baby?

1 Like

The 3rd picture reminds me of Darren also.

2 Likes

If possible. Let me check his instagram to see if his mom has it listed.

1 Like

So far I’ve seen she posted he was born at 32 weeks gestation, weighing 6.5 lb., and 20 inches.

For more photos, check out his instagram, there’s TONS of them! :heart_eyes:

https://www.cityofrebornangels.com.au/online-store/all-artists/nino-by-vincenzina-care-sneak-peek/ Nino would be the kit that reminds me of him! I would look up more photos of him btw. But that’s the kit I instantly thought of :two_hearts::two_hearts:. I hope she can get a portrait baby done!

2 Likes

Charlee by Sandy Faber has a similar mouth, but her head is very round

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help! Mom hasn’t DMed me back yet, but I’ll post his length when she does.

Oh my gosh! Nino looks exactly like him!!!

BTW, what is a ‘portrait baby’?

1 Like

Just means a doll made to look like a real baby

2 Likes

Usually from a portrait. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Oh. Ty

:yum:

I see Cozy
unrebornheadfrontsmall_32ab7623-7fc5-4075-9ee2-dfcdc5bb39d1_2000x

That’s must be so hard to loose a baby.

2 Likes

This alert pic reminds me of Sansa by Ping Lau.

5 Likes

If you read thru her Instagram posts, you will see exactly all that she’s went through. I’m amazed at her strength.

1 Like