Two New Kits I'm Considering

The first kit is adorable but is a little small - 17". While Lilliana is beautiful, she’s only a bit bigger than 16" Megan. I love her but she’s just a bit tiny. Also, it isn’t clear who the artist is. It’s on Emily Jameson’s website so I’m assuming it’s hers but not sure.

Lilliana

The second one is 21" Larry by Natali Blick but it’s made in China. He has full limbs!! Is it ok that it’s made in China? I’m assuming since it’s commissioned that it will be good vinyl but I’m not sure.

Larry by Natali Blick

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I think that a lot of commissioned kits are done in China. Both kits are cute.

1 Like

She is by Emily. I love the picture of the baby on the shoulder of her Mom. The price is good. She is on pre-order for a couple of weeks. I like her much better than Larry.

1 Like

I like her better than Larry, too(I love hi full limbs!), but she’s so small. She looks a bit chunky so maybe she won’t seem quite as small as Megan.

I just pre-ordered 2 Lilliana sculpts. She is Emily’s work and she is beautiful. I bought a Charlotte full silicone from her (took me 6 months to pay for her and I haven’t had a chance to reborn her yet…but I digress). Lilliana’s face looks a lot like Charlotte’s.
Liliana

Charlotte

2 Likes

Charlotte is adorable! One day I’d like an open-eye, full body silicone baby.

I am in love with Charlotte, but at a whopping $1850 for the unfinished baby, it is unlikely that I will ever get a second one. I am really looking forward to making her.

1 Like

I thought that Lilliana looked like an awake version of Sawyer, but smaller. I’m trying to wean myself away from the awake babies, as I hate to fight with eyes. However, some of the new sculpts are just too hard to resist.

1 Like

All of these babies are adorable but I think Larry’s my favorite. I think manufactured in China is different from designed and produced in China. Aren’t Bountiful Baby kits manufactured in China? I assumed that’s why it takes so many weeks/months to restock. I’ve lost orders because it took so long to get the kit.

They are both cute kits, but I like Lilliana better. She has more detailed features.

1 Like

The majority of kits are produced in China.

1 Like

Bette, have you painted a silicone baby before or will Charlotte be your first?

Charlotte will be my first.

1 Like

I love them both!!!

2 Likes

Oh my! Lilliana is adorable! I hadn’t even heard of her. She’s going on my list!

2 Likes

I think I’m going to order Lilliana:-) did you get her Amy?

1 Like

I did! I got both Lillian and Larry. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay!!! That’s soooooo awesome!’ Good for you!':smiley::smiley::heart:

1 Like

I recently received both of them. Larry is next in line. As soon as little Addy Hess is finshed, it’s time for Larry.

1 Like

Majority of kits are manufactured in China, I think mainly by a company called Joy Dolls. I know the Real Effects kits are from Germany but it’s much more $$ to produce there and since most sculptors produce solo, they can’t afford it. Lately there’s been way too many kits being produced and not many factories produce reborn kits so they’ve been held up, which is why preorders have been taking so long.

As for the kits, I think both are adorable. I think Lillian might be Adelyn’s twin because they share limbs? I like Lillian more, but this version of Larry is so cute, now I’m not sure. :slight_smile: Glad you got both though.
http://www.cityofrebornangels.com.au/media/pics/site/imagecache/7/C/7CCC5B97EE692AA3458223ADF252590A.jpg

4 Likes