Trying my hand at sculpting again

Sooo I’ve been messing around with some clay and this is what I’ve gotten so far… His head shape is still being tweaked and he doesn’t have ears either… I just wanted to share him!
Please feel free to critique him! I am not soft hearted either so you can be harsh LOL
I’m actually quite pleased with this little smiley guy!
(Please ignore the black lip I accidentally got red powder on him)

Thanks for peaking at him! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow I could totally see what you’re talking about. In real life his lips are more centered in the pics the part that is raised (smiley part) had color on it and it smoothed down when I wiped it

Thank you Michelle!:smile:

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Thank you!:smile:

1 Like

@Sony72 you can see it a little better in this pic

6 Likes

Thank you! I’m making him a little chunker so I thought bigger lips would fit and be kinda cute. Lol he’ll end up being 16-17 inches long with full limbs as well.

2 Likes

Aw he’s cute! His left (my right) eyelid looks pretty good but the right one doesn’t match. If you look in a mirror you’ll be able to see it more clearly. That’s a good practice, to look in a mirror periodically while you’re sculpting. You’ll pick up the little flaws easier. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, mirrors are your best friend! Also photographing the baby and looking at it upside down can help you see where any proportions might be off. What I see is that your nostril shape is not quite right. Look carefully at how a nose is actually constructed because they are quite complicated and each one is very individual. You are off to a great start though. Sculpting is HARD. I hope to get to mine a bit later this year. I never did last year but my intentions were good.

Great start! Keep going.

4 Likes

I am impressed and thankful that you posted for what an opportunity for me to cyber watch the birth of art/baby.

1 Like

Wow he is adorable love. That face

1 Like

He’s looking pretty darn good! I agree about the eyelid and, to me, the nostril on my right looks a little lower than the left. How did you get him so smooth?

2 Likes

I think he is adorable!! On his right eye (or as you’re looking at him the left) there is a natural indent where the nose meets the corner of the eye, but I didn’t see one on his left eye (or as you’re looking at him the right). Do you ever think about selling your clay sculpts? (After they’ve hardened of course)

1 Like

He’s really cute x

1 Like

@honojane and @izzy I can see that. Totally going to go back and even the nose and the eyes! Thank you for help!:smile:

1 Like

I think I smoothed more than I sculpted to be honest😒 also I went over him with isopropyl alcohol to get any dirt that was there and that helped smooth a little bit.

1 Like

Thank you! And I have thought about selling them. I want to (attempt to) make him into a sili :grin: that won’t be for looong while… Cost will be crazy LOL

Thank you very much ladies!! @Syndi @SilentSleepers and @GrammysReborns

Let me know! I would love to adopt him!! He’s so adorable!!!

1 Like

I will definitely keep you in mind😊