Too Much Magenta and How to Fix?

About two years ago I went through a magenta phase where I loved this color so much that I overused it a bit unintentionally. I pulled out my Penelope Toner that I painted back then, and I want to cut/tone down back some of the magenta. What washes have worked for you? Would a lime green wash work?

Have a pic?

2 Likes

Can do one tomorrow. Crummy indoor lighting tonight.

2 Likes

Here she is. Overcast day, so not the best lighting.

11 Likes

I love her coloring.

If you want to tone the pink down you can do a couple light flesh washes (titanium, baby skin) super thin. It might give you a powdery look that you can tone down with another 1-2 washes of a deeper flesh wash. I would totally leave her like this, I can see her with darker painted hair, or dark rooted hair with that just born wet look.

5 Likes

Looks great to me ~ newborn fresh! I would leave it just the way it is :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I like the color too. Dark hair would definitely balance everything out.

2 Likes

Thank you, ladies! Planning dark hair painted hair for her. Just trying to figure out what hair style will look good on her big head. :grin:

6 Likes

Sounds like a plan. Hope you post an update so we can see what she is looking like. :blush:

3 Likes

A thicker head of newborn hair. Paint it, if you hate it, wipe it. She is beautiful bald too.

1 Like

I love the tones. I say on to hair! :wink:

1 Like

I love. :heart_eyes: her coloring…magenta you say??.

I may have to venture there soon!! :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, I went crazy with magenta about two or three years ago. Taking those babies back out of their boxes made me uncertain how real they looked. Thought I’d overdone it. :grin: She’s kind of shiny which seems to augment it a little, too. Maybe once she is matted it won’t stand out this much. Newborn was the look I was going for, so if you all think she looks ok I’ll leave her as is. :smiley:

4 Likes

Quin. Magenta 02, was my color of choice also a couple of years ago! I way overdid it multiple times. I toned it down several times using a lime green color with some white. I mixed some yellow into sap green and added a touch of white. It worked well. I also tried Earth mint, which didn’t work very well. That being said I think this particular baby looks great, she doesn’t look too magenta to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love her coloring too.

1 Like

Isn’t it a lovely color when inside the jar? LOL!! :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you, Evee!

1 Like